Appearing in "History Repeats"Edit
Synopsis for "History Repeats"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "The Origin of Animal Man"Edit
- Unnamed alien race
Synopsis for "The Origin of Animal Man"Edit
The origin of Animal Man is revealed.
- This issue shipped on September 13th, 2006.
- "Fishy" might be the name of the space-dolphin featured in this issue, but is probably just a Lobo-given nickname.
- The ticker-tape on the bottom cover reads, "Supernova meets Wonder Girl!... The New Booster Gold?... Pope Lobo?... "
- The dates on this issue's cover correspond with milestones both within the DC Universe and in the company's "real world" history:
- 0: Likely refers to DC's Zero Hour event (actually published in 1994).
- 1935: New Fun Comics #1 is published. It is the first comic book published by the company that would later become DC.
- 1938: Action Comics #1, featuring the first appearance of Superman, is published.
- 1939: Detective Comics #27, featuring the first appearance of Batman, is published.
- 1941: All-Star Comics #8, featuring the first appearance of Wonder Woman, is published.
- 1956: Showcase #4, widely cited as the first comic book of the Silver Age, is published.
- 1985: Crisis on Infinite Earths is published.
- 3006: Likely refers to Legion of Super-Heroes stories, which take place 1000 years in the future.
- 85,271: The setting of DC One Million (one million months after Action Comics #1, actually published in 1998).
- The "mystery dates" on the cover are 4006 and 5252, and also 200? (half of the second zero and the (presumably) final digit are cut off).
- A magazine in Daniel Carter's apartment is titled "Worlds Finest Weekly." World's Finest Comics was a monthly DC Comics title published from 1941 until 1986.
- An advertizing poster hawks a product called "Skeetles Candy" and includes a picture of Skeets. This is a nod towards the real-world product Skittles.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- 52: The Comic
- 52 article/interview with editor Stephen Wacker
- 52 series index at the Grand Comics Database
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.