Appearing in "Liminal Times"
- Bruno Mannheim
- Chang Tzu (First appearance)
- Felix Faust (Flashback and main story) As the Helm of Fate
- T.O. Morrow
- Captain Marvel (Mentioned)
- Stargirl (Mentioned)
- Obsidian (Mentioned)
- Jade (Mentioned)
- Bous3dra (First appearance)
- Choronzon (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Count Marisius (First appearance)
- Etrigan (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Justice League of America (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Klarion and Teekl (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Neron (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Tala (Appears in flashback and main story)
Synopsis for "Liminal Times"
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "The Origin of Nightwing"
Synopsis for "The Origin of Nightwing"
The origin of Nightwing is revealed.
- This issue shipped on October 25th, 2006.
- In Week 24, Icicle is among the candidates for the new Suicide Squad, suggesting he's currently incarcerated. He may have just recently escaped, as he is free to attempt a bank robbery in this issue.
- In this issue, Icicle and Tigress rob a back called "1st Wheeler-Nicholson," a reference to Major Malcolm Wheeler-Nicholson, the man who founded National Periodical Publications, which would later become DC Comics, in 1935.
- About the characters appearing at Bruno Mannheim's gathering of Gotham criminals:
- Lamelle and Rawson appeared in Detective Comics #515.
- Magpie appeared in Man of Steel #3 and Batman #401.
- Sewer King's first comic book appearance is in this issue; the character originated on Batman: The Animated Series.
- The Squid appeared, and was killed, in Detective Comics #524, an event that was apparently retconned by Infinite Crisis to allow for his appearance here.
- Mirage first appeared in Detective Comics #511.
- Kite-Man first appeared in Batman #133.
- The villian seated to the right of Sewer King is not yet identified. Can anyone identify him?
- As might be expected, this issue shows us that superheroes are popular inspirations for Halloween costumes in the DC Universe. Among the trick-or-treaters can be seen a lil' Flash, a lil' Frankenstein, a lil' Captain Marvel, a lil' Wonder Woman, a lil' Black Lightening and a lil' Supergirl.
- The ticker-tape at the bottom of the cover reads, "Goblins, Ghouls and Green Lantern!... Meet the Crime Lord of Gotham!... Death of Kite Man... "
- 52 #1-52
- Countdown #51-0
- World War III #1-4
Links and References
- 52: The Comic
- 52 article/interview with editor Stephen Wacker
- 52 series index at the Grand Comics Database