Appearing in "The Lady and the Lion"Edit
- Superman (First appearance as Super-Lion)
- Temple of Circe (Destroyed in this issue)
Synopsis for "The Lady and the Lion"Edit
After putting on a show for children, Superman returns to his Fortress of Solitude where he places his newly awarded plaque with the others. He then spots a woman in trouble in the Mediterranean with his x-ray vision and goes to her rescue. Saving her from her crumbling ancient home, Superman soon learns that this woman is an ancestor of Circe and she comes from a different planet. Inviting Superman in for a drink, she asks the Man of Steel to marry her. Rejecting the offer, Superman leaves, but not before she tells him that she put an evolution potion in his drink and that if he will change into an animal-man, she tells him that he has until dawn to come back and accept her marriage proposal or she will leave him in that state.
True enough, Superman changes into a man-lion while at work at the Daily Planet, and has to quickly change into his Superman outfit. Everyone is mortified (especially Lois) that Superman has turned into a beast. Rushing back to where Cerci's space ship was parked, he finds her gone telling him that he will never find what planet she escaped to.After a series of adventures in his lion form, Superman returns to his Fortress of Solitude to try and figure out a solution to his problem. It's at that moment that his Kryptonite detector goes off, and he realizes that one of the base ingredients in the potion must have been Kryptonite -- just enough to allow the transformation with no ill effects. Deducing that this Cerci must have had some ties to Kryptonite, or even be a Kryptonian herself, Superman searches the records in the bottle city of Kandor. He quickly finds the antidote, and is able to cure himself. Returning to Metropolis, Superman surprises Lois with the good news.
Appearing in "Puzzle of the Perilous Planetoid"Edit
Synopsis for "Puzzle of the Perilous Planetoid"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "The Five from the Future"Edit
Synopsis for "The Five from the Future"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- "The Lady and the Lion" was reprinted in Superman (Volume 1) Annual #3, Superman: The Man of Tomorrow Archives, Volume 1 and Showcase Presents: Superman, Volume 1.
- "Puzzle of the Perilous Planetoid" was reprinted in World's Finest (Volume 1) #156.
- Superman appeared last in Superman (Volume 1) #123. He appears next in Superman's Girlfriend, Lois Lane #4.
- Lois Lane appeared last in Superman (Volume 1) #123. She appears next in Superman's Girlfriend, Lois Lane #4.
- Perry White appeared last in Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #30. He appears next in Superman's Girlfriend, Lois Lane #4.
- The Circe that appears in this issue is a descendent of the Greek sorceress, Circe, known to frequently plague Wonder Woman.
- In 2008, DC Direct produced an action figure of Superman with an interchangeable lion-head, inspired by this issue.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 243 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Congo Bill----
| This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Action Comics Vol 1 243.|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Hey Kids Comics Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Action Comics series index at the Grand Comic Book Database
- Action Comics series index at Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics
- Action Comics article at Wikipedia
- Superman article at Wikipedia