Adolf Hitler apparently lived in Liverpool with his brother and sister-in-law in 1912-1913 and suffered delusions in which he went on an ill fated quest for the Holy Grail. He later returned to Germany and masterminded the rise to power of the Nazi party, becoming directly or indirectly responsible for all the atrocities of World War II. Towards the end of the war, he attempted to fake his own death in order to escape justice, using a double named Horst Wiener who committed suicide in his place. Hitler himself, however, was abducted before he could escape and taken into the future to stand trial for war crimes by mutant bounty hunter Johnny Alpha and his partner Wulf Sternhammer.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- The above account of Hitler's time in Liverpool is from 'The New Adventures of Hitler' by Grant Morrison which first appeared in the satirical Scottish magazine 'Cut' before being reprinted in Crisis #46-49 (1990).
- An alternate version of Hitler frequently appeared in the Beano, the Dandy and other DC Thomson titles during World War II, notably in the strip Addy and Hermy. Another version appeared in the Marvel UK strip I Was Adolf's Double by Tim Quinn and Dicky Howett in the early 1980s.
- Appearances of Adolf Hitler (Comics)
- Images featuring Adolf Hitler (Comics)
- Quotations by or about Adolf Hitler (Comics)
- Character Gallery: Adolf Hitler (Comics)