|Founder(s)||Samuel Irving Newhouse Sr.|
|Products||Newspapers, News & Information Websites, Magazines, Television|
American City Business Journals
Advance Publications, Inc. is an American media company owned by the descendants of S.I. Newhouse Sr., Donald Newhouse and S.I. Newhouse Jr. It is named after the Staten Island Advance, the first newspaper owned by the Newhouse family, in which Sam Newhouse bought a controlling interest in 1922. The company is nominally headquartered in the Advance offices in Staten Island's Grasmere neighborhood, though Advance has never had an official headquarters.
As of November 2019, it was ranked as the 221st largest privately held company in the United States, according to Forbes. Crain's ranked Advance Publications the 4th largest private company in the New York area in 2012.
In addition to holding publishing and communication assets, Advance serves as the holding company for the family's 31% stake in cable entertainment company Discovery, Inc. Advance also owns a 13% stake in Charter Communications, which it received when Bright House Networks merged with Charter. In August 2018, Advance/Newhouse ("A/N") notified Charter Communications that it intends to establish a credit facility collateralized by a portion of Advance/Newhouse Common Units in Charter Communications Holdings, LLC. That same month, Condé Nast CEO Robert A. Sauerberg Jr. announced his five-year strategy to generate $600 million in new revenue from new revenue streams while driving costs out of the business.
- List of Advance subsidiaries
- "Advance Publications" (in en). https://www.forbes.com/companies/advance-publications/.
- Flamm, Matthew (2010-11-21). "Advance Publications at crossroads". Crain's New York Business. http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20101121/FREE/311219987/advance-publications-at-crossroads.
- "America's Largest Private Companies," Forbes.com. Accessed May 05, 2020.
- Flamm, Matthew (December 13, 2010). "Advance Publications waving around $500M". Crain's New York Business. http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20101213/FREE/101219950.
- "Newhouse Broadcasting reports 13 pct stake in Charter Communications". 2016-05-27. https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSFWN18O0DE.
- Steel, Emily (2015-05-26). "Broadband at the Center of Charter-Time Warner Cable Deal" (in en-US). The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. https://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/27/business/dealbook/charter-communications-agrees-to-acquire-time-warner-cable.html.
- "Charter Prices $500 Million Senior Secured Notes - NASDAQ.com" (in en-us). NASDAQ.com. https://www.nasdaq.com/press-release/charter-prices-500-million-senior-secured-notes-20180809-01462.
- Jerde, Sara (2018-08-10). "Despite Ups and Downs This Year, Condé Nast's CEO Is Creating a Model That's 'Built to Last'" (in en-US). Adweek. https://www.adweek.com/tv-video/despite-ups-and-downs-this-year-conde-nasts-ceo-is-creating-a-model-thats-built-to-last/.
- Greenberg, Julia (2015-07-28). "For the Record: The Relationship Between WIRED and Reddit". Wired. ISSN 1059-1028. https://www.wired.com/2015/07/wired-conde-nast-reddit/.
- Lindauer, Wilson B.. "Advance Publications Inc.". International Directory of Company Histories. https://www.encyclopedia.com/social-sciences-and-law/economics-business-and-labor/businesses-and-occupations/advance.
- Maier, Thomas (1994). Newhouse: All the Glitter, Power, and Glory of America's Richest Media Empire and the Secretive Man Behind it. St. Martin's Press. ISBN 978-0-312-11481-7.
- [http:// Official website]
Template:Advance Publications Template:Vogue magazines Template:Discovery Communications
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Advance Publications.|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Hey Kids Comics Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.