- Bows and arrows?! The world's gone to Hell. And you're sticking with bows and arrows? That's why no one likes you!
- -- The Owl
Appearing in "Age of Ultron: Book One"Edit
- Emma Frost (First appearance)
- Luke Cage
- Fantastic Four (First appearance)
- X-Men (First appearance)
- Ultron Sentinels
- The Owl (Leland Owlsley) (Only appearance; dies)
- Hammerhead (Joseph) (Only appearance; dies)
- Numerous unnamed refugees
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier (Remains)
Synopsis for "Age of Ultron: Book One"Edit
The story opens with the city of New York, which looks completely obliterated, ravaged, destroyed, and above it all it floats a gigantic technological fortress.
Hiding inside the alleys of the ruined city, Avengers member Hawkeye assaults a group of Mutant Growth Hormone dealers, killing them with his arrows. Clint discovers that the group is led by The Owl and Hammerhead, who are also holding a hostage. Owl and Hammerhead head out to confront Hawkeye, who keeps his raid going forward, eliminating the members until he reaches the basement where the hostage is held and is revealed to be Spider-Man.
Owl and Hammerhead battle Hawkeye while he tries to take Spider-Man out, only to be suddenly struck by a massive shockwave caused by a fleet of mechanized sentinels in the shape of Ultron. Owl tries to reason with the sentinels, arguing that "they had a deal", while Hawkeye shoots his explosive arrows to one of the sentinels, buying him and Spider-Man time to escape as the remaining sentinels assault the place.
After their escape, both heroes arrive to a downed Helicarrier in what once was Central Park, only to be confronted by Luke Cage and She-Hulk who hold them for Iron Man to check on them to see if their clean from any infection from Ultron. Cage ans She-Hulk argue with Hawkeye that he shouldn't have left the refuge but Clint refused to have Spider-Man left behind and the fact that most of the remaining heroes have "given up" and without a plan, but Iron Man points out that Captain America is thinking a plan (although Cap looks severely depressed and his shield is completely shattered).
- No special notes.
- For years, the heroes of the Marvel Universe have lived in fear that the rogue artificial intelligence known as Ultron would one day evolve to fulfill its desire to wipe out all organic life and take over the Earth -- that day has arrived.
This massive 10-part Marvel Universe-spanning event is brought to you by Eisner award-winning writer Brian Michael Bendis and comics legend Bryan Hitch.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks