- I don't know how you pulled that little stunt, fella--but if I were you, I'd turn myself into the North Wind, and blow!
- -- Hawkgirl
Appearing in "Afternoon of the Assassins!"Edit
- Steel (Flashback and main story)
- Winston Churchill (Flashback and main story)
- Canadian Soldiers
- Dr. Allison (Single appearance)
- Gloria Giles (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Gilbert Giles (Appears in flashback and main story)
Synopsis for "Afternoon of the Assassins!"Edit
The All-Star Squadron and a new arrival, Steel, save Winston Churchill from another assassination attempt, though Steel is injured in the incident. Churchill is given Steel's diary and, along with Liberty Belle, learns the hero's origin and how he saved the prime minister from an earlier attempted murder. But Baron Blitzkrieg and Zwerg are tracking the train on which Churchill travels, and the Japanese super-assassin known as Kung attacks.
- Gerry Conway and Don Heck are responsible for the Steel segment of this issue. It was originally planned as a sixth issue of Steel Vol 1 but the series was cancelled before it was printed. It was published in Cancelled Comic Cavalcade Vol 1 2 and then re-worked to be presented in this issue and All-Star Squadron Vol 1 9.
- Reprinted in Showcase Presents: All-Star Squadron Vol. 1 .
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss All-Star Squadron Vol 1 8 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the All-Star Squadron series
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Justice Society of America article at Wikipedia
- JSA Checklist
- JSA Chronology page
- JSA series index at DCU Guide
- JSA series index at Comicbookdb.com
- JSA series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Justice Society Fact File
- Justice Society Index at Dark Mark's Indexing Domain
- Justice Society of America at TV Tropes