- Don't thank me, woman... pay me.
- -- Jonah Hex
Appearing in "The Hundred Dollar Deal"Edit
- Amy White (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Hundred Dollar Deal"Edit
While camping out, Jonah Hex has his horse stolen by a man named Terry. Hex wings him with a bullet that takes him off his horse. Hex is about to leave him behind when he spots buzzards flying about. Hating the scavengers worse than anything else, Hex decides to save the man from being the buzzards' next meal and waits for him to revive. Hex then learns that the reason why Terry tried to steal Hex's horse was because he has been accused of killing old man Hillsworth, and there are hired gun runners after him.
Hex gives Terry a ride and offer him protection from any other gun fighters for the price of $100 that is to be paid once they get to Terry's sister's farm. After a brief gun fight with some men hired to capture Terry, Hex manages to get Terry to his sister's ranch. There, Hex is paid his $100 dollars, and agrees to stay and defend the farm until Terry is well enough to leave. He and Terry's sister begin to grow close to one another.
However, things are not what they appear to be. When Terry is well enough, it turns out that he really did steal the money, and that his "sister" is really his wife, and that they intend on leaving Hex high and dry while they go and reclaim the money. Terry's wife tries to talk Terry out of it, but Hex has been listening in on their conversation and shoots Terry when he tries to draw on him. After burying the men he shot, Hex turns Terry and his wife over to the nearest sheriff.Later, as Hex has a meal in a diner, he is approached by a jeweler who tries to sell Hex a diamond ring. Hex responds by promptly throwing him out a window.
Appearing in "Satan's Sanctuary"Edit
- Nick Venom
- Nick Venom's gang
- San Tropez
Synopsis for "Satan's Sanctuary"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "The Buffalo-Hide Bandits"Edit
- Appearances not yet listed
Synopsis for "The Buffalo-Hide Bandits"EditThis story is reprinted from Western Comics #79.
Appearing in "Brothers (Part I)"Edit
Synopsis for "Brothers (Part I)"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- This is the final issue of the series. The numbering sequence continues as Weird Western Tales, beginning with issue #12.
- "The Hundred Dollar Deal" is reprinted in Jonah Hex and Other Western Tales #1, and Showcase Presents: Jonah Hex, Volume 1.
- "The Buffalo-Hide Bandits" was originally printed in Western Comics #79.
- "Brothers (Part I)" was originally printed in Bat Lash #7.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss All-Star Western Vol 2 11 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the All-Star Western series
- All-Star Western (Volume 1)
- All-Star Western (Volume 2)
- Bat Lash
- El Diablo (Volume 1)
- El Diablo (Volume 2)
- Frontier Fighters
- Jonah Hex (Volume 1)
- Jonah Hex (Volume 2)
- Weird Western Tales (Volume 1)
Links and ReferencesEdit
- All-Star Western (Volume 2) series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Bat Lash article at Wikipedia
- Bat Lash biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Bat Lash entry at Toonpedia
- Bat Lash chronology index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- El Diablo article at Wikipedia
- Jonah Hex article at Wikipedia
- Jonah Hex page at Toonpedia
- Jonah Hex fan page
- Jonah Hex biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Pow-Wow Smith article at Wikipedia
- Pow-Wow Smith article at Toonpedia
- Pow-Wow Smith biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks