Appearing in "Drug War Rages"Edit
- Dylan Thomas (Only appearance; dies)
- Splitface Flanagan (Single appearance)
- Georgie (Single appearance)
- High Evolutionary (Appears on a Computer Screen, TV or Hologram Only)
- Maddie Baldwin (First appearance)
- Pablo (Single appearance)
- Ben Urich
- J. Jonah Jameson
- Carol (Single appearance)
- The High Evolutionary's Purifiers
- Kate Cushing
- Marty O'Donnell (Single appearance)
- New York City
- Spider-Man's Web-Shooters
- Spider-Man's Belt Camera
- Spider-Man's Spider-Signal
- Daredevil's Billy Club
Synopsis for "Drug War Rages"Edit
Spider-Man captures a gang of drug-dealers in a waterfront warehouse. Meanwhile, Robbie Baldwin and his mother attend a Broadway play. At the warehouse, Splitface Flanagan & his gang arrive to find the other gang webbed up. Peter returns home to discover that the drug-dealers were all killed and Spider-Man is the prime suspect. Matt Murdock decides to help Spider-Man. The Kingpin wants to know about the armored figures that destroyed the South American drug supply. Spider-Man returns to the warehouse where Daredevil meets him. They team up. Later, four thugs jump Robbie. He turns into Speedball and defeats them, but a pair of armored men arrive and kill the muggers. The Kingpin captures one of the pair, torturing him to extract information. In a 22" Street loft, the High Evolutionary's armored Purifiers prepare to render the city unconscious prior to killing everyone with unacceptable DNA. Speedball overhears but can't get the police to take him seriously. The Kingpin's brutal methods extract info from his captive. He arranges for Daredevil and Spider-Man to crash the Purifiers' operation in the Empire State Building, thinking they are tackling the drug dealers' killers. Speedball smashes the Purifiers' antenna on the building's tower ending the threat but falls. Daredevil and Spider-Man rescue him. To keep the heroes from realizing he was behind the deception, Kingpin coerces Splitface Flanagan, the real killer, to confess. The Kingpin worries that something big (and implicitly outside his control) is happening.
Appearing in "He Who Laughs..."Edit
- Speedball (Robbie Baldwin) (first solo story)
- Unnamed villain (Only appearance; dies)
Synopsis for "He Who Laughs..."Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "The High Evolutionary Chapter 6: Kindred Spirits"Edit
Synopsis for "The High Evolutionary Chapter 6: Kindred Spirits"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- In "Drug War Rages" plot by DeFalco, script by Michelinie.
- Part of the Evolutionary War.
- In "He Who Laughs..." plot by Ditko, script by Stern.
- Also includes unpublished covers of The Amazing Spider-Man, one by Larry Lieber and Jack Abel, and the other by Bob Layton.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for info.
- Meet the hottest new hero in the Marvel Universe — Speedball, the Masked Marvel! He's got to help Spider-Man and Daredevil stop the Kingpin's implacable drive to increase the supply of illegal drugs in New York City!
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Amazing Spider-Man Annual Vol 1 22 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Amazing Spider-Man Annual series
Links and ReferencesEdit