- (First appearance) (Origin revealed)
- Army Personnel
- New York Police Department
- (First appearance)
- Peter Parker's High School Classmates
- Unnamed thieves
- The Staff of Bliss Private Hospital
- United States of America
- Spider-Man's Web-Shooters
- Spider-Man's Utility Belt
- Spider-Man's Spider-Signal
- Doctor Octopus' Tentacles
- Synopsis not yet written.
- Spider-Man uses his Spider Signal for the first time in this story.
- This issue is reprinted in Amazing Spider-Man # 1 (Pocket Books).
- Spider-Man is erroneously called "Super-Man" once in this story.
- Doctor Octopus' last name is mislettered "Octavious" in this story, as it is in several other early Spider-Man stories.
- This issue also includes a Spider-Man pin-up page and the first "Spider's Web" letters section (two pages long).
- The cover of this issue is one of the 32 that appear in the comic collection from the 2000 video game Spider-Man.