Cassandra Anderson is the eponymous protagonist of the 2000 AD and Judge Dredd Megazine strip Anderson, Psi-Division. She was born with psychic abilities which became stronger as she grew older, partly due to the mental trauma of childhood abuse which she later blocked from her memory as a defence mechanism. Inducted into Justice Department's Psi-Division at an early age, Anderson became one of their top operatives, though her rebellious personality did not always make her popular with her superiors (Psi-Division operatives are allowed a degree of personal freedom denied to their non-psychic colleagues, but tend to be regarded as eccentric, and Anderson was no exception). When the alien superfiend Judge Death first came to Mega-City One from Deadworld, Anderson sacrificed herself to become a living prison for his evil psychic essence, being encased in the miracle plastic Boing® in a comatose state. She was later released as a side-effect of Death's comrades the Dark Judges freeing him, and has become one of Death's most implacable foes. She is also a staunch ally of Judge Dredd (without her assistance he might not have been able to end the Apocalypse War), though he disapproves of her anti-authoritarian attitude and "defective personality."
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Anderson has powerful psychic abilities including telepathy. She is capable of:
- Reading the minds of living people.
- Extracting latent images from a dead person's brain.
- Telling what someone has been doing in the past by touching their clothes.
- Receiving psychic 'hunches' that prompt her to investigate certain areas or people.
- Controlling the minds of simple creatures like birds.
- Psychically detecting what happened at a crime scene before she arrived.
- Astral travel.
Mega-City One's best Psi-Judge.
Peak human female.
Anderson is getting older, and she cannot use the anti-ageing treatments administered to other Judges because they would degrade her psychic abilities.
Accessory pouch containing three heat seeker shells; helmet containing internal visor display and respirator; uniform made from plasti-steel reinforced material.
Lawgiver handgun which can fire six types of shell: general purpose, rubber ricochet, incendiary, armour piercing, grenade and high explosive. Also daystick and bootknife.
Artists who have worked on Anderson, Psi-Division include:
- Boo Cook (artist of profile picture)
- Michael Dowling
- Enrique Romero
- Will Simpson
- Kevin Walker
- Anthony Williams
- Appearances of Anderson, Psi-Division
- Images featuring Anderson, Psi-Division
- Quotations by or about Anderson, Psi-Division
- Character Gallery: Anderson, Psi-Division