Antiphon's purpose was to monitor the balance of the Cosmic Consonance as a neutral party; much like his descendants, the Watchers. He bears a great resemblance to the Watchers, his descendants, though his head is not disproportionately large in comparison to his body.
When war erupted between the Proemial Gods, caused by Diableri, Antiphon - true to his purpose - remained uninvolved in the entire conflict and rejected Diableri's ambitions. For reasons unknown, Antiphon was imprisoned along with his surviving brethren by Galactus in the Kyln and died there under unknown circumstances. It was later suggested between Aegis and Tenebrous, after returning to the Kyln and finding Antiphon's corpse, that their fellow god came to resent being diminished and was why he was imprisoned. Although, this is just speculation.
Appearances, Images, and QuotesEdit
- 1 Appearances of Antiphon (Earth-616)
- Images featuring Antiphon (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Antiphon (Earth-616)
- It is noted by Tenebrous that Antiphon was considered the weakest of the Proemial Gods because it is his task to observe, not to interfere.
- Antiphon's name is also a noun, meaning as a response to a psalm or some other part of a religious service, such as at Vespers or at a Mass. This meaning gave rise to the 'antiphony', a call and response style of singing.