Appearing in "The Monstrous Master Plan of the Mandarin!"Edit
- The Mandarin
- The Living Laser
- Power Man
- The Swordsman
- an artificial Frost Giant
- Black Widow
- New York Police Department
- Edwin Jarvis
- Señor Presidente (president of unnamed South American country)
- Trolls of Asgard
- Warden Smith
- Zeus (Mentioned)
- Odin (Mentioned)
- Citadel of Silence
- United States Of America
- South America
- Captain America's Shield
- Hawkeye's Bow
- Iron Man Armor MK II
- Hercules Golden Mace
- Swordsman's Sword
- Executioner's Axe
Synopsis for "The Monstrous Master Plan of the Mandarin!"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "Preeeesenting the Unconquerable Hercules!"Edit
Synopsis for "Preeeesenting the Unconquerable Hercules!"EditA one page Pin-Up
Appearing in "More Than Meets the Eye"Edit
Synopsis for "More Than Meets the Eye"EditA two page diagram of Avengers Mansion
Appearing in "Pulsatin' Panoramic Pulchtrudinous Pin-Up Dept."Edit
Synopsis for "Pulsatin' Panoramic Pulchtrudinous Pin-Up Dept."EditA one page pin-up of the female Avengers: Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, and the Wasp.
Appearing in "The Orginal Avengers and the New Avengers"Edit
- Original Avengers
- "New" Avengers"
Synopsis for "The Orginal Avengers and the New Avengers"Edit
A one page pin-up
- Cover art: modifications by Romita.
- This story continues in part from Avengers #44 and will continue in part in Avengers #45.
- This issue is reprinted in Giant-Sized Avengers #5 minus the pin-ups from Sequences II through V.
- This story is broken into five parts/chapters:
- Part One: The Monstrous Plan of the Mandarin
- Part Two: To Perish by the Sword
- Part Three: Struggle in a Strange Land
- Part Four: And a Monster Shall Stalk the Land
- Part Five: Showdown in Space
- Don Heck took time off from the regular Avengers title to work on this issue. His replacement, John Buscema, will ultimately replace Heck as the series artist. Don Heck does the interior art for Avengers #45 and Avengers Annual #2 and, otherwise, will not return to pencil Avengers again until Avengers #108.
- Stan Lee Lovingly Lords It Over A Roy Thomas - Don Heck Landmark Of Literary Luminescence!
- Inked By George Bell!
- Lettered By Artie Simek!
- references: Avengers #34, Avengers #35, Avengers #44, Amazing Spider-Man Annual #3, Avengers #20, Tales of Suspense #76, Tales of Suspense #77, Tales of Suspense #78
- Avengers regular artist Don Heck took time off from the regular title to pen this issue. However, Marvel liked his replacement, John Buscema, so much that Buscema became the regular artist for the title. Buscema would pen 50+ Avengers issues over his career. Heck pencilled only a few more over the years.
- On Page 10, Panel 6, Nick Fury is incorrectly shown with having Hercules' headband.
- On Page 48, Panel 3, it looks like someone photocopied the Avengers from the cover of Avengers #25 and made some alterations.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Annual Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Avengers Annual series
Links and ReferencesEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.