Appearing in "The Old Order Changeth!"Edit
- The Masters of Evil
- Kang the Conqueror (Cameo)
- Mole Man (Cameo)
- Immortus (Cameo)
- Black Knight's Horse
- Bill(First appearance)
- New York policemen
- Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff) (Only in flashback)
- Virginia "Pepper" Potts
- X-Men (Only in flashback)
- Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (Only in flashback)
- Amazon Jungle
- Atlantic Ocean
- New York City
- Switzerland (First appearance)
- Unidentified dimension
- Asgard (Mentioned)
- Black Knight's Power Lance
- Hawkeye's Bow
- Iron Man Armor MK III
- Captain America's Shield
- Melting Ray MK I
- Kang Armor
Synopsis for "The Old Order Changeth!"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- This issue starts as a direct continuation with last issue, with most of the Avengers battling the rest of the Masters of Evil in New York, and Cap and Rick Jones making their escape from the South American rain forest.
- After his defeat at the hands of the Avengers, the Melter, and Black Knight are next seen in Fantastic Four Annual 3 where they are manipulated by Doctor Doom into crashing the wedding of Reed Richards and the Susan Storm.
- After the Masters of Evil's defeat, Thor, Enchantress, and The Executioner all return to Asgard where they take part in the "Trial of the Gods" that begins in Journey Into Mystery 116.
- All the founding members of the Avengers (Thor, Giant Man, Wasp and Iron Man) take a leave of absence in this issue.
- Iron Man would appear next in Tales of Suspense 65 where he battles Weasel Wills who steals a copy of his original armor.
- Giant Man and Wasp will appear next in Tales to Astonish 67 where they battle the Hidden Man.
- Hawkeye joins the Avengers this issue, he was last seen in Tales of Suspense #64 where he and the Black Widow got into combat with Iron Man. Black Widow is seen next in Avengers #29 where she teams up with Power Man and Swordsman against the Avengers.
- Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were last seen in Strange Tales #128.They had previously quit the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants following Magneto's being captured by the Stranger in Uncanny X-Men #11.
- Every active Avenger are next seen in Avengers 17 where their search for Hulk leads them into a trap by Mole Man.
- This issue is reprinted in part again in this very title in Avengers #150. It is also reprinted in Marvel Triple Action #10 as well as Essential Avengers Vol 1.
- Dazzling Script by......Stan Lee
- Dashing Layouts by......Jack Kirby
- Darlin' Artwork by.....Dick Ayers
- Delicate Lettering by...Artie Simek
- references: Avengers #15, Journey into Mystery #116, Tales of Suspense #57, X-Men
- Hawkeye is very respectful to his team-mates in this issue. He will transform into a brash malcontent beginning next issue.
- This cover is homaged in Mighty Avengers #13. The heroes and villains on the cover are all portrayed as Skrulls for Marvel's "Secret Invasion" storyline.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 1 16 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Avengers series
Links and ReferencesEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.