Appearing in "The Road Back"Edit
- Circus of Crime
- Awesome Android (Cameo)
- The City Council
- Robert F. Wagner, Jr., the Mayor of New York City at that point
- Bucky (Mentioned)
- Mr. Sullivan
- New York policemen
- Fantastic Four (in a T-shirt)
Synopsis for "The Road Back"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- The Avengers, Power Man, and Enchantress were all seen last issue. This story is a continuation of the story that started in Avengers #21.
- Although there is a Captain America story in Tales of Suspense #71, it is a flashback story from World War II.
- The Circus of Crime (AKA the Masters of Menace) were last seen in Amazing Spider-Man #22. In that issue, their art heist (led by the Clown) was foiled by Spider-Man and they were thrown in prison.
- The reference to Iron Man's whereabouts is to his battle against the Mad Thinker and his Awesome Android in Tales of Suspense #72.
- The reference to Thor's whereabouts is referring to his battle against the Absorbing Man in Journey Into Mystery #122.
- The mention of Giant-Man and Wasp's whereabouts being a mystery is referring to the fact that Giant-Man and Wasp have not regularly appeared in Tales to Astonish because their half of the title has been replaced with stories featuring the Sub-Mariner beginning in Tales to Astonish #70.
- Following their defeat at the hands of Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, the Circus of Crime are next seen in Mighty Thor #145 where they attempt to recruit Thor into their circus.
- Power Man is next seen in Avengers #29 where he, the Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff) and Swordsman team up against the Avengers.
- Enchantress is next seen in Avengers #38 where she manipulates Hercules into battling the Avengers.
- All the Avengers appear next in Avengers #23 as the events in that issue directly follow the conclusion to this one.
- Star-Studded Story by....Stan Lee!
- Peerless Pencilling by....Don Heck!
- Dazzling Delineation by....Wally Wood!
- Lonesome Lettering by....Artie Simek!
- References: Avengers #21, Amazing Spider-Man #22, Tales of Suspense #72, and Journey into Mystery #122
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.