Appearing in "Kang, The Conqueror!"Edit
- New York policemen
- US Army personnel
- Ant-Man's Ants
- Unnamed General
- The Under-Secretary from the Defense Department
- President of the United States (Indirect mention, probable unnamed appearance)
- United Nations
- Hulk (Mentioned)
- United States of America
- Iron Man Armor MK III
- Captain America's Shield
- Kang Armor (First appearance)
- Kang's Anti-Grav ray
- Kang's Anti-matter screen
- Kang's Attractor ray
- Kang's Energizer tank
- Stark/Pym's Power ray
- Kang's Force field
- Neutrino missile
Synopsis for "Kang, The Conqueror!"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- With this issue, the Avengers start printing on a monthly basis.
- In this issue, Captain America's shield is described as being made of "steel". It is later revealed in Captain America #255 to be composed of an indestructible alloy of Adamantium and Vibranium.
- Thor was last seen in Journey Into Mystery #108 battling Loki to save Jane Foster.
- Giant Man and the Wasp in Tales to Astonish #59, where they battled the Hulk. The also made a brief appearance in Journey Into Mystery #108 where they attempted to aid Thor's battle with Loki.
- Iron Man last appeared in Tales of Suspense #57 where he battled Hawkeye. He also made a brief appearance in Journey Into Mystery #108 attempting to aid Thor in his battle against Loki
- Although this is Kang's first appearance under the guise of Kang the Conquerer, as he states in this issue he was formally known as Rama-Tut. A time-traveler from the year 3000, who was originally trapped in ancient Egypt. He battled the Fantastic Four before escaping into the present back in Fantastic Four #19. In Fantastic Four Annual #2, Rama-Tut ran into Dr. Doom and this inspired him to take on his guise as Kang the Conquerer.
- The Teen Brigade last appeared in Avengers #6.
- Following his defeat, Kang would appear again in Avengers #11, although his future counterpart Immortus would battle the Avengers in Avengers #10. Kang is a major nemesis to the Avengers as well as the Marvel Universe. He continues to have numerous appearances in Marvel Comics.
- Thor will appear next in Journey Into Mystery #109.
- Giant Man and Wasp in Tales to Astonish #60, They also make a small appearance in Tales of Suspense #58.
- Iron Man and Captain America would both appear in Tales of Suspense #58.
- This story is Job# X-767.
- This issue is reprinted in Avengers Annual #5 as well as Essential Avengers Vol 1.
- Written by: Stan Lee (Our Answer to Victor Hugo!)
- Illustrated by: Jack Kirby (Our Answer to Rembrandt!)
- Inked by: Dick Ayers (Our Answer to Automation!)
- Lettered by: Sam Rosen (Our Answer to Artie Simek!)
- references: Fantastic Four #19 and Fantastic Four Annual #2
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers Vol 1 8 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Avengers series
- Giant-Size Avengers 2: A brief origin of Kang and Rama-Tut.
Links and ReferencesEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.