- We can bandy semantics all night, Mr. Mayor. But what you have in mind for these miles of Old Gotham is more akin to a wild animal park than a mental health facility.
- -- Vicki Vale
Appearing in "Breaking Ground"Edit
- Gotham City
- Mayor Sharp's mansion
- Gas Mask
Synopsis for "Breaking Ground"Edit
While preparation continues on Arkham City, Batman breaks into Quincy Sharp's mansion to investigate his plans. Confronted by non-lethal security measures, Batman realizes that he is being tested by Sharp's unseen master, and flees the mansion. At the same time, Joker is revealed to be dying as a result of complications from the Titan drug, with an estimated six months to live. Taking advantage of Joker's weakened state, several Arkham Guards try to kidnap and kill him. Hearing rumors of the plot, Harley Quinn takes the place of one of the guards, and rescues Joker. Harley and the Joker are thrown from their escape boat when Batman attempts to recapture them.Landing within the borders of the new asylum's construction zone, Joker declares himself and Harley the "mayor and mayoress" of Arkham City.
- No special notes.
- Amid the protests of both human rights groups and Bruce Wayne, a new Arkham rises. The Joker is scheduled to be its first inmate, but not if Harley Quinn has anything to say about it. Meanwhile, Batman's suspicions lead him to investigate just who is really behind this new, more sprawling asylum and what their motivations might be.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: Arkham City Vol 1 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Arkham City series