Appearing in "Endgame, Part Two"Edit
- Neo-Talons (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Endgame, Part Two"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "Saved"Edit
- Joker (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Aaron Doe
- The Great Wall Chinese Restaurant
- Arkham Asylum (Appears in flashback and main story)
Synopsis for "Saved"Edit
Inside a Chinese restaurant in Gotham, Dr. Mahreen Zaheer demands to know what she is meant to do next now that she has followed Ephram Snow's instructions to go into the city. The Joker's venom infection has already begun spreading through the city outside, but they have been instructed to wait until it has spread further. In the meantime, Cordelia Doe tells the story she was told to tell.
She had once lived happily with her husband Aaron, who was a banker. His smile had made her fall in love with him, and they'd had three wonderful children. One day, though, Aaron came home different, and she knew he wasn't himself anymore. He was something else. When she heard her husband and children laughing without her, she knew that he had put machines inside of them as well, and they were laughing to vent the last remaining emotions they had. To free them, she stabbed them all to death, thinking the blood and flesh she'd seen was just testament to how advanced the technology of these replacements was. She'd found computer chips inside of them, but the doctors at Arkham insisted that the chips were figments of her imagination. But the Joker had revealed inside the asylum that he was responsible for the transformation of her family.
It's clear enough to Mahreen that the Joker was just playing upon her companion's deluded fantasies, but Ephram insists that he showed them the truth. Unexpectedly, the two employees at the restaurant become infected with the Joker's venom, and soon, the restaurant is overwhelmed by its victims.
- The events of this story take place after those of Batman Eternal.
- This issue was in the December 2014 Lootcrate box.
- The Lootcrate issue's cover art by artist Greg Capullo is drawn as a homage to the cover art of the album Vulgar Display of Power by Pantera.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 2 36 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
Links and ReferencesEdit