- Dot 'monster' is Stanislaus! Der filthy Nazis, dey do this to him ... change him! We bring antidote but ...
Appearing in "Man to Man, Man to Monster"Edit
Synopsis for "Man to Man, Man to Monster"Edit
Sometime in 1941, Blackhawk, fresh out of his hospital bed but still wearing the brain-harming Gehirn medallion, left his squad in Czechoslovakia and flew across Europe in vengeful pursuit of General Ernst Von Tepp, whereabouts unknown. Von Tepp flew to Berlin and demonstrated Ubermeister Reject Stanislaus's abilities for Hitler.
By the next day, all day, Blackhawk tracked down faint leads on the whereabouts of Von Tepp and the beast, until he found them, in Paris. Blackhawk landed in Paris and interrupted Ubermeister Reject Stanislaus's attempted destruction of the Eiffel Tower, first with an ineffectual tommy gun and then hand-to-hand, and ended up captured by Von Tepp.
Meanwhile the Blackhawks searched the ruins of the research bunker and found Professor Merson's Swiss Credit Bank book, with a Zurich address, and pursued. The Blackhawks landed in Zurich and interrupted Professor Merson's attempted cash transfer, sternly interrogated him, and extorted his cooperation in creating an antidote to the Ubermeister monster formula, which Merson whipped up at a local pharmacy. Hinrichten agent Domino sneaked onto the scene, and waited for the team to split up, then showed up and out-karated Chop Chop and rescued Merson, and his money, while stupidly forgetting to kill Chop Chop. Four other Blackhawks had already left town and failed to notice this; they flew to Paris.Still, in Paris, Field Marshall Ernst Von Tepp and Blackhawk have a conversation. Von Tepp stupidly decides to claim the radio-signal-receiving medallion as a souvenier, BEFORE executing Blackhawk, and he puts it on, and the Gehirn signals (which have been on the air all this time) pop his brain, and "like THAT, Von Tepp is no more." Monsterized Stanislaus moves to attack Blackhawk, who (unaware of the brute's true identity) snatches the late Von Tepp's luger, and shoots the monster right between the eyes, six times. The monster sways, then teeters, then falls over, just as the rest of the Blackhawks show up, and inexplicably Chop Chop is with them, and they rescue Bart and administer the antidote to Stanislaus, who (in the following few days or weeks) recovers quickly.
Appearing in Detached Service Diary, Stan: "They Also Serve ..."Edit
- unnamed German spy
- Professor Merson (Behind the scenes)
- Merson's "Der Roboter"
Synopsis for Detached Service Diary, Stan: "They Also Serve ..."Edit
Stan gets assigned to guard Blackhawk Island while the rest of the team flies to check out a suspected Nazi base, but before leaving France he encounters an "admirer," secretly a Hinrichten agent, who presents him with a miniature model XF5F Skyrocket, which he graciously accepts. The model contains a transmitter, enabling the Germans to dispatch a jet-engine-propelled, flying, giant robot, the size of a 3-story building, to attack the island. Der Roboter lands and stomps around, destroying the communications shed and the ammo hut, while Stan sprints to his Skyrocket, takes off, and leads the mechanical monster to an active volcano, out in the ocean, and tricks it into diving inside.
- The story gives the following information regarding when it happened:
- Blackhawk #253 firmly established that Hitler invaded Poland on Sept 1, 1939 which is stated as being two years ago putting the events in this story sometime in 1941, most likely Sept 1941. However, this conflicts with some events in Blackhawk #256 which are said to have happened "two weeks ago" and clearly states that it was 1940.
- Field Marshall Von Tepp has been in charge of the Ubermeister Project for two months, with Hugo Merson under his supervision. So that transfer took place circa July 1941.
- Blackhawk has been wearing a medallion with a built-in radio receiver for two weeks, (which should be late Aug 1941 but it was expressly stated that it was 1940 in the previous issue.), exposing his brain to psychologically-damaging signals that whole time. Recently hospitalized, Blackhawk is just now getting ready to resume his duties.
- Stanislaus has been temporarily in command of the Blackhawks for two days.
- In this timeline, Chop Chop is Manchurian expatriate Wu Cheng, former pupil of Chinese Resistance Leader Soon Kai-Sen.
- At this story's end, Stanislaus is restored completely to normal, with no aftereffects, and soon forgets all about having ever been a hulked-out monster. It's never mentioned again.
- In this timeline, Blackhawk smokes cigarettes, but quits after a few issues.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Blackhawk Vol 1 257 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Blackhawk series
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ page 1 panel 1