- I nefer like him! Not from his first day here! Remember I said dat? You should all listen to Hendrickson! He tink he better than all of us! Remember I said dat?
Appearing in "The Silent Treatment"Edit
- Lieutenant Cooper, U.S. Army
- Grumman XF5F Skyrockets
- Merson mechanized worm
Synopsis for "The Silent Treatment"Edit
The Blackhawk Squadron arrived in Kraait, a small village known to be a Nazi relay station, where they were ambushed by another Merson-designed giant metal worm. This time grenades to the undercarriage failed to disable the improved model. In a second encounter, the Blackhawks lured the machine over a cliff.Meanwhile on Blackhawk Island, Chuck developed a suspicion about Theodore R Gaynor, disguised himself as a Nazi general, flew to Marrakesh, did some espionage, changed his clothes, and flew to Kraait, all in the same day. Chuck's report, soon corroborated by Gaynor's actions, revealed Gaynor to be a prisoner-murdering, civilian-killing, war-criminal lunatic; and Gaynor was summarily dismissed from the squadron. He later died at Sevastopol.
Appearing in "Detached Service Diary: The Little Town of Resistance"Edit
- La Resistance, formerly Verglas
Synopsis for "Detached Service Diary: The Little Town of Resistance"Edit
French citizens of Verglas rename their town "La Resistance," and so the Germans go out of their way to destroy it. The Blackhawks defend the place, even after Allied Command has given up on it, until they run out of supplies and ammunition, and eventually the citizens are evacuated, and the German army overruns and destroys the town.
- At the time of both of these stories, Chop Chop is still in China.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Blackhawk Vol 1 271 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Blackhawk series
Links and ReferencesEdit