The full synopsis of this event is unknown.
- After Bloodlines, the plethora of new characters introduced were featured frequently in solo stories throughout Showcase '94. The "Blood Pack" was introduced in Showcase '94 #12.
- The full list of New Bloods is as follows:
|Anima (Courtney Mason)||New Titans Annual #9||"Animus-summoning grunge rocker"|
|Argus (Nick Kelly)||Flash Annual #6||"Shadow-melding undercover agent"|
|Ballistic (Kelvin Mao)||Batman Annual #17||"Korean-American hero and an armed and dangerous vigilante"|
|Cardinal Sin||Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Annual #3||"Disillusioned priest"|
|Chimera||Team Titans Annual #1||"Illusion-creating heroine of India"|
|Edge (Tom O'Brien)||Superman: Man of Steel Annual #2||"Blade-hurling community hero"|
|Geist (Dwayne Geyer)||Detective Comics Annual #6||"Ghostly night-hero, ironically only becomes visible in the dark."|
|Gunfire (Andrew Van Horn)||Deathstroke the Terminator Annual #2||"Able to explosively convert matter to energy."|
|Hitman (Tommy Managhan)||Demon Annual #2||"A hitman who gained the powers of telepathy and X-ray vision"|
|Hook||Green Arrow Annual #6||"Hook-handed former soldier"|
|Jamm||Legion of Super-Heroes Annual #4||"Prodigious surfer-dude"|
|Joe Public||Batman: Shadow of the Bat Annual #1||"Strength-siphoning patriot"|
|Krag||Justice League America Annual #7||"Stone bodied hero, super strength"|
|Layla||Lobo Annual #1||"Tough-as-nails space explorer"|
|Lionheart (Richard Plante)||Justice League International Annual #4||"Armored high-tech knight, hero of Great Britain"|
|Loose Cannon (Edward Walker)||Action Comics Annual #5||"Super-strong ex-cop, color changes as he gets angrier"|
|Loria||Showcase '94 #12||"Transformd into living metal, agent of the Quorum"|
|Mongrel (Joshua Xan)||Hawkman Annual #1||"Darkforce-blasting African American-Vietnamese hero"|
|Myriad (Sasha Green)||Superman Annual #5||"Personality-absorbing assassin"|
|Nightblade (Nik Mayak)||Green Lantern Annual #2||"Regenerating martial artist"|
|Pax||L.E.G.I.O.N. Annual #4||"Last of his race, space-shaman"|
|Prism||Eclipso Annual #1||"Light-manipulating scientist"|
|Razorsharp (Rae Sharpe)||Robin Annual #2||"Sword-armed hacker"|
|Shadowstryke||Justice League America Annual #7||"Tragic hero, dark force energy"|
|slingshot||Justice League America Annual #7||"Power to give anything she touches an acceleration factor"|
|Sparx||Adventures of Superman Annual #5||"Lightning-wielding heroine from Canada"|
|Terrorsmith||Justice League America Annual #7||"Monster-making villain(?)"|
- Because Superman was dead during the events of Bloodlines (after "Death of Superman"), he doesn't actually appear in any of the four Superman title annuals involved in the crossover. Instead, he is replaced with the other four eponymous characters featured in the events of "Reign of the Supermen". Superman: Man of Steel Annual #2 featured Steel, Superman Annual (Volume 2) #5 featured Cyborg Superman, Action Comics Annual #5 featured the Eradicator, and Adventures of Superman Annual #5 featured Superboy. Superman does, however, appear during the events of Bloodbath.
- Likewise, Batman (Bruce Wayne)'s back was broken by Bane during the events of "Knightfall" part way through Bloodlines, so although he appears in Batman: Shadow of the Bat Annual #1 in which he fights Gemir, Jean-Paul Valley took over for the rest of the Crossover.
- The term "New Bloods" is used officially in context for the first time in Justice League America Annual #7.
Links and References
- Bloodlines (comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Unofficial Bloodlines Biography at Vanishing Point
- Bloodlines at dcindexes.com
The events from this issue are related to Bloodlines, during which an alien race of Parasites invaded Earth and inadvertently activated the metagene in a number of individuals, creating many "New Blood" superheroes in their attempts to feed on human spinal fluid. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Bloodlines Crossovers category.