Appearing in "Earth's Impossible Day!"Edit
- Tommygun Tyler (Single appearance)
- Genius Joe (Single appearance)
- Marty Stone (Single appearance)
- Getaway Car
Synopsis for "Earth's Impossible Day!"Edit
It's July 4th and as everyone in Midway City celebrates Independence Day, Shiera Hall is sad because this is the same date as the Thanagarian holiday of Impossible Day. Carter tries to cheer her up by suggesting that in celebration of Impossible Day, they should go out as Hawkman and Hawkgirl and have a picnic, and try and pull off some impossible tasks.
Sure enough, when they are having their picnic, they become aware of a forest fire, and use their wings to create a waterspout from a nearby body of water to put out the flames. Next, a bunch of crooks who have rigged their getaway car with some kind of force field are stopped by Hawkman and Hawkgirl, who find fragments of Fulgurite to throw at the vehicle. Upon impact the Fulgurite would create lightning at that ultimately immobilizes the vehicle allowing the authorities to arrest the crooks inside.Finally, when a Cylix suddenly becomes invisible, Hawkman and Hawkgirl stumble upon a plot of another crook who has been using a device that makes things invisible to steal items from the Midway Museum. Going after the crook as Hawkman and Hawkgirl, the crook tries to kill them with an invisible rifle that fires invisible bullets. Somehow, Hawkman and Hawkgirl were able to dodge the shots and capture the crook. Later, it's revealed that they were wearing special contact lenses that allowed them to see the radiation emanating from any of the invisible objects.
Appearing in "The Men Who Moved the World!"Edit
- Lansinarians (First appearance)
- Lansinar (Appears in flashback and main story)
- United States of America
- Hawkman's Mace
- Persian Procession Axe
- Alien Jet-Fliers
Synopsis for "The Men Who Moved the World!"Edit
Working late into the night examining an ancient shield that has no historical background, Carter Hall is surprised when three animal headed creatures appear in the museum to steal the very item he's researching. The creatures manage to get away with the shield thanks to their high tech weapons.
The next day as Carter tells Shiera about the incident, the planet suddenly loses all gravity. Believing that it must be the strange creatures he encountered, the two decide to go out as Hawkman and Hawkgirl to the only lead they have in this strange case: The original site where the shield was found.
Sure enough, the creatures, a species of animal people that predated humans, are at this location using the shield to power a device to move the Earth into a more suitable distance from the sun so that they may survive on Earth and reclaim their dominance. It's soon getting to the point where the process will not be able to be reversed.
During the fight, the creatures are defeated however they ultimately believe that they have the upper hand as the planet had shifted beyond the point of no return. However, Hawkman is still able to reverse the planets shifting position. He then points out to the aliens the one flaw they had in their plan: They got humans time measurement system confused with their own.
- "Earth's Impossible Day!" was reprinted in Adventure Comics #413.
- "The Men Who Moved the World!" was reprinted in Detective Comics #438.
- This issue is reprinted in Hawkman (trade paperback),The Hawkman Archives Vol. 1 , and Showcase Presents: Hawkman Volume 1.
- Some panels from The Men Who Moved the World! were reprinted in Tarzan #232 as part of Allan Asherman's text article about "Manimals," creatures who are part human and part animal.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Brave and the Bold Vol 1 44 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Brave and the Bold series
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks