Appearing in "The Angel, the Rock, and the Cowl!"Edit
- Easy Company (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Von Stauffen (Single appearance) (Flashback and main story)
- Wyatt (museum curator) (Single appearance)
- Digby Palmer (Dies in flashback)
- Winston Churchill (Cameo)
- Gotham City
- Gotham Museum
- Europe (Appears in flashback and main story)
Synopsis for "The Angel, the Rock, and the Cowl!"Edit
When Bruce Wayne is called to the Gotham Museum to see the statue of the Archangel Gabriel smuggled out of Nazi-occupied France during World War II, because a man with a German accent called about it called to claim it. Bruce informs him that the real statue is still in France and the one in Gotham is a fake. They are then attacked by a man Bruce recognizes as Von Stauffen.
Bruce then recalls back to a day during World War II, when he was in London, and his friend, a British spy named Digby is killed in a bombing and so Bruce covered his mission for the British forces. Traveling into Nazi occupied France, Bruce meets up with Sgt. Rock and Easy Company along the way.
Investigating a strange amount of wine coming out of Chateaurouge, Bruce learns that it's occupied by Nazi's led by Von Stauffen. As a spy, Bruce is unable to learn what the secret is behind the wine, so he tries as Batman and comes to blows with Rock and Easy Company again who happen to be in the area. However, during their scuffle over a bottle of the Chateaurouge wine, they find that the Nazi's are smuggling weapon parts in the bottles to be used during the D-Day invasion. Batman and Easy Company then work together to stop Von Stauffen.
Flashing back to the present, Bruce is saved by the sudden arrival of Rock who knocks out Von Stauffen, who had been tracking Von Stauffen since after the war.
- This issue is reprinted in Showcase Presents: The Brave and the Bold/Batman Team-Ups (volume 1).
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks