Supervision (real name Bridget Flynn) is a comic book superhero, a member of the superhero team Dynamo 5, which appears in the monthly series of the same name from Image Comics. Created by writer Jay Faerber and artist Mahmud A. Asrar, Scrap first appeared in Dynamo 5 no.1 (January 2007).
Following the assassination of Captain Dynamo, the much-beloved superhero protector of Tower City, his widow, former government agent posing as a now-retired investigative reporter Maddie Warner, discovered from his personal effects that he had been unfaithful to her countless times. Despite her devastation at this discovery, Warner realized that without a full-time protector, Tower City would be vulnerable to Captain Dynamo’s legion of super-villain enemies. She used her skills and the information she discovered to track down five people who could be Dynamo’s illegitimate children.
Bridget Flynn, an NYU Film School graduate working at a Hollywood, California movie theater, was the fourth of the five children contacted by Warner. Gathering all five of the children together, Warner exposed them to the same unidentified radiation that gave Captain Dynamo his powers forty years earlier, unlocking their powers. Bridget inherited her father’s superhuman strength. Donning a costume with the same color design as her father’s, Bridget took the codename Scrap, and works to protect Tower City with her newly discovered brothers and sisters, whom she is still getting to know.
Recently Bridget and her siblings lost their superhuman powers, and in an attempt to restore them, assumed powers that were previously exhibited by another sibling. In Bridget's case, she assumed the vision related abilities previously belonging to her sibling Hector Chang.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
As Supervision, Bridget currently has the abilities that formerly belonged to his brother Hector Chang, namely superhuman abilities related to his eyesight that include laser vision, x-ray vision, and telescopic vision.
- Superhuman Strength: As Scrap, Bridget had superhuman strength. The upper limit of this strength is unknown, but she has been observed lifting a tank over her head, and throwing it the length of a city block. The exact physiological nature of this strength is unknown.
- Limited Invulnerability:Apparently, her Superhuman Strength also affords her a certain level of invulnerability, as she has also been seen destroying large powered armor suits by kicking them, without sustaining any injury.
- Appearances of Bridget Flynn
- Images featuring Bridget Flynn
- Quotations by or about Bridget Flynn
- Character Gallery: Bridget Flynn
- Supervision at dccomics.com
- Supervision at Wikipedia.org==External links==
- Dynamo 5 Home page
- Weiland, Jonah; "Ain't Nothing but a Family Thing: Faerber Talks Dynamo 5"; Article on ComicBookResources.com; December 20, 2006
- ↑ Dynamo 5 #1; Page 4