|Captain America II:|
Death Too Soon
Captain America Death Too Soon.jpg|
|Directed by||Ivan Nagy|
|Written by||Wilton Schiller|
|Original run||November 23, 1979– November 24, 1979|
|Running time||83 minutes|
|No. of episodes||2|
Captain America II: Death Too Soon is an 1979 Television film loosely based on the Marvel Comics character Captain America, directed by Ivan Nagy and starring Reb Brown. The film was preceded by Captain America earlier the same year. It was aired on CBS in two one-hour slots. The first part aired on November 23, 1979 and the second aired the next night, leading into the conclusion of Salem's Lot.
Brown's Steve Rogers is first shown sketching a portrait of a Mrs. Shaw (Susan French), who complains to him about a gang of muggers who have been stealing the proceeds from cashed Social Security checks; she denies having cashed hers. He bids her do this in order to set a trap for the muggers, and springs the trap as Captain America. In the meantime, a free-lance revolutionary terrorist calling himself General Miguel (Christopher Lee), planning to fight an unspecified war, kidnaps a Professor Ian Ilson (Christopher Cary) and forces him to resume his research in manipulative gerontology. Ilson has managed to formulate both a chemical that accelerates aging and the antidote to the same chemical, and Miguel, posing as the warden of a prison in Oregon near Portland, plans to use the chemicals in question to hold Portland hostage for a multi-million-dollar ransom. Ultimately Brown's Captain America and Lee's General Miguel directly clash face-to-face, and when Miguel throws a glass bottle of the aging accelerant into the air, hoping it will shatter against Captain America's body, the Captain throws his shield into the air, where it shatters the bottle in such a manner that the aging accelerant splashes Miguel instead, aging him literally to death in less than a minute.
- Reb Brown as Captain America / Steve Rogers
- Connie Sellecca as Dr. Wendy Day
- Len Birman as Dr. Simon Mills
- Christopher Lee as Miguel
- Susan French as Mrs Shaw
- Lua error in Module:Citation/CS1/Identifiers at line 811: attempt to index field 'IdAccessLevels' (a nil value).
- "Vintage TV Guide Ads: Captain America, Salem's Lot & More! Part 1". Cool Ass Cinema. http://www.coolasscinema.com/2013/04/vintage-tv-guide-ads-captain-america.html.
- "Captain America / Captain America II: Death Too Soon". DVD Talk. http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/51738/captain-america-captain-america-ii-death-too-soon/. Retrieved 2012-05-26.
- "Captain America / Captain America II: Death Too Soon DVD Review". IGN. http://uk.dvd.ign.com/articles/119/1198666p1.html. Retrieved 2012-05-26.
- Captain America II: Death Too Soon at Internet Movie Database