Appearing in "The Hero That Was!"Edit
Synopsis for "The Hero That Was!"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- This is the first time "Vita-Rays" are included in Captain America's origin. The lack of Vita-rays for William Burnside (Bad Cap) and Jack Monroe caused them to become unbalanced.
- Abraham Erskine also uses the code name "Professor Reinstein".
- General Phillips is mistakenly referred to as "Colonel" in this issue.
- This issue contains a letters page: Let's Yap With Cap. Letters are published from Gordon Matthews, Kenneth Burke, Wayne Warfield, Phil Blunt, Dan Daugherty, Dale Landry, Harvey Sobel, and Don McGregor.
- This issue is a rather confused re-telling of Captain America's origin, forcing later writers to retcon many things told here. For example, it is rather clear that Professor Reinstein was supposed to be Marvel's version of the real life Albert Einstein (especially considering he very much looks like Einstein), which was later claimed to be merely a code name for Abraham Erskine.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 109 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Captain America series
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #109 
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.