Appearing in "The Big Sleep"Edit
- Richard Fisk
- Moose Mallard
- Charlie Chicago
- Captain America's Shield
- The 1st Sleeper (Only in flashback)
- The 2nd Sleeper (Only in flashback)
- The 3rd Sleeper (Only in flashback)
- The 4th Sleeper (Only in flashback)
- The 5th Sleeper (Destroyed in this issue)
Synopsis for "The Big Sleep"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- In this issue, the Red Skull is revealed to be (Behind the scenes) in Captain America #145-147.
- Harold Howard, the Kingpin's disguised alias, is spelled "Howards' in this issue.
- This issue features a letters page, Let's Rap With Cap. Letters are published from Nancy Stenzler, Steve Carey, Tom Ayers, and Nancy Brand.
- Captain America helps save the world in Avengers 101 and helps the Avengers fight the Sentinels in Avengers 102-104 shortly after this story.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story#807Z.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- The Red Skull's expletive "schweinhunds!" on page 13 is misspelled (the correct spelling would be "schweinehunds"). The term literally means "pig dogs" in German but the English word closer to the spirit of the term would be "bastards."
- John Romita Sr. was uncredited as the inker of this book.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 148 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Captain America series
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #148 
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.