Appearing in "Screamer in the Brain"Edit
- United States of America
Synopsis for "Screamer in the Brain"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- This second creative effort by Jack Kirby on this title is quite unique. The supporting characters will shift considerably. Other than the Falcon, the vast majority of characters appearing in this title will be characters created by Jack Kirby during this time period. Sharon Carter will be one exception (She incidentally is a Kirby co-creation debuting in Tales of Suspense #75). Neither, Redwing, Nick Fury, Peggy Carter or any of the Avengers will appear in any of the upcoming Kirby issues. The only non-Kirby created character, other than Sam Wilson, to make infrequent appearances will be the Falcon's long-time girlfriend, Leila Taylor.
Basically, Captain America and the Falcon are detached from the rest of the Marvel Universe during Kirby's tenure as writer, artist, and editor.
- This issue contains a Series "B" Marvel Value Stamp: B01 (a portion of The Amazing Spider-Man).
- This issue contains a letters page, Let's Rap With Cap. Letters are published from Larry Dean, Dean Mullaney, Steve Rogers, and Mike Underwood.
- John Romita has indicated that the cover for this issue was done originally for a 3-D image, but picked up and published in this issue.
- The cover image of Captain America has been used in various types of marketing, Topps sticker (1976), Mead Spiral Notebooks, binders, and notebook paper, etc.
- Falcon (Sam Wilson) is not listed as a co-star on the cover of this issue. However, he returns to his cover billing next issue.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #193 
- The Unofficial Marvel Value Stamps Site