Appearing in "The Deadly Gauntlet"Edit
- The Red Skull's "Death's Head Satellite
Synopsis for "The Deadly Gauntlet"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- In this issue, the Red Skull tries to manipulate Captain America to kill Nick Fury (whose body has been inhabited by the Red Skull). This is probably the first attempt by the Red Skull to destroy Captain America as a symbol and legendary figure. The Skull realizes merely killing Captain America will only cause him to be a "martyr" and perhaps even more of a symbol to the American people. This theme has continued into future Captain America conflicts such as Civil War.
- Splash page is probably lettered by Gaspar Saladino.
- Captain America helps the Avengers fight Korvac in Avengers 167-177, then appears in Avengers Annual 8 to help fight Doctor Spectrum. He then helps the Thing fight Victorius in Marvel Two-In-One 42-43, and assists Daredevil (Matt Murdock) with the Death Stalker in Daredevil 155-157 all following this story. (He also helps the Avengers host a museum benefit as reported in Avengers 179).
- This issue does not contain a letters page. In its place is a one page advertisement for Invaders.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #227 
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.