Appearing in "Metamorphosis!"Edit
- Zeus (Only in flashback)
- Zuras (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Mentor (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Chronos (Only in flashback)
- Sui-San (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Supreme Intelligence (Only in flashback)
- Drax the Destroyer
- New York City
- A "Far Distant Solar System"
- Ancient Olympus (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "Metamorphosis!"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- In this issue, Captain Marvel is first granted the Protector of the Universe title, his cosmic awareness,and other internal changes. He also undergoes a few external changes, including his hair color changing from white to blonde.
- The cover was originally drawn by Starlin and Milgrom with Romita redrawing Captain Marvel's head.
- This story is Job # 16117 (seen on Page 1).
- This is the first solo issue Jim Starlin writes without Mike Friedrich.
- In this issue, Eon restores Mar-Vell's romantic interest Una's body but not her soul. Her story will be continued in Captain Marvel #40.
- This issue contains a letters page, Mail It To Mar-Vell. Letters are published from Bill Cldius, Duffy Vohland, and Rod Cutheart.
- This iconic Jim Starlin cover for this issue has been used in various Marvel merchandising
especially in the 1970's. This includes Mar-Vell's 1974 Series "A" Marvel Value Stamp #9,  and his 1975 slurpee cup from the 7-11 convinence store chain.