- You've gone too far, Mar-Vell! Bringing in the Avengers could slow my plans!
- -- Thanos
Appearing in "The Beginning of the End!"Edit
- Rick Jones
- Drax the Destroyer
- Avengers Mansion
- Nega-Bands of Rick Jones and Captain Marvel
- Cosmic Cube
- Captain America's Shield
- Swordsman's sword enhanced by the Mandarin's technology
Synopsis for "The Beginning of the End!"Edit
In response to the threat of Thanos, Captain Marvel has returned to Avengers Mansion. He asks the entire team to assemble. He has also summoned Moondragon to assist. Drax the Destroyer has also come to the mansion to find Captain Marvel. After Drax briefly skirmishes with a contingent of Avengers, the team meets to review Thanos' plans and recent events.
Thanos, who now wields the Cosmic Cube, speaks to his consort Death of his love for her and that she is the reason for his mad quest. He also decides to transport 4 individuals from Avengers Mansion: The four individuals who have interfered with him the most (or pose a unique threat)are Mar-Vell, Moondragon, Drax the Destroyer, and Iron Man. He does transport them his space craft and quickly defeats them and puts them into a statis field.
Captain Marvel is able to touch his Nega-Bands causing he and Rick Jones to switch atoms. The reaction also frees him. Iron Man, Moondragon, and Drax are also freed; and they attack Thanos again. Thanos is temporarily seperated from the Cosmic Cube. However, he is again able to defeat his adversaries. He also defeats Moondragon in a psychic battle. Thanos then retrieves the Cosmic Cube and transforms himself into a Cosmic Deity. At the end of the issue, he is seen as a large, transparent, figure on the space monitor. Thanos has achieved godhood! To Be Continued...
- Cover art: signed with the pseudonym "Gemini", a reference from Al Milgrom for "Jim and I" (Jim Starlin and Al Milgrom); Captain Marvel's face is modified by Romita.
- Jacques Duquesne /Swordsman speaks French in this issue, which gives a strong hint of his French backkground and origin. His French lineage will later be explained later in a Solo Avengers story by Lou Mougin and Don Heck in Avengers Spotlight #22.
- There is no letters page this issue, but two will appear next issue.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain Marvel Vol 1 31 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Captain Marvel series
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Grand Comics Database: Captain Marvel #32