- We are not in control. Every now and then life likes to reiterate that little point. Some people find such reminders disconcerting. They spend their lives in breathless pursuit of meaningless goals, hoping to forget everything they know about their own mortality. Some people anchor themselves to something larger. Religion, Art, Justice. Anything they deem significant in a life that's not. We are not in control. If we were, surely we'd know better than to care about anything.
- -- Selina Kyle
- Catwoman's Whip
- Poison Ivi's Plant Fertilizer
Catwoman continues patrolling the destroyed Gotham City searching for any looters to stop them. Her path lead her to the WayneTech building where she found Poison Ivy and a scientist that was helping her to develop some kind of fertilizer that would enhance the plants ability to grow. Catwoman decided to leave them as they were not doing anything of her concern, but as she was leaving, Ivy decided that the scientist was of no more use to her, she tangled him with some of her wild plants and kissed him with her poisonous lips. Catwoman tried to save the scientist but it was too late for him. Ivy and Catwoman faced each other, but before Catwoman could make her move, the plant branches started to tangle her. Catwoman struggled with the plants and when she finally freed herself, Ivy was gone. Catwoman followed her to the outside just to find an enormous tree that wasn't there when she arrived.
Poison Ivy arrived at the GCPD Headquarters and poured some of the fertilizer on the street. Harvey Bullock tried to stop her but Ivy managed to seduce him, but before she could kiss him, Catwoman arrived and snapped Bullock out of the trance. Ivy ran away at the sight of Catwoman and the fertilizer had already worked and a big tree was sprouting out of the street and taking over the GCPD HQ. Catwoman and Bullock tried to separate the tree's roots from the street and with great effort they managed to do so. Bullock was just catching his breath when he realized that Catwoman has already left the place.
Catwoman walked back to the WayneTech building to find some clues to where would Ivy hit next and she found a papaer in the scientist pocket. There were 4 possible locations and Catwoman decided to go to Reservoir Park. Upon arriving, Catwoman realized that she choose well as Poison Ivy was already there preparing the fertilizer. Both girls started a fight and Ivy dropped the fertilizer vial down to the river. Catwoman used her whip to take the vial but she was left hanging with one hand from the ledge of the structure they were in. Ivy scratched Catwoman's hand and before she could do anything else, Catwoman tossed the vial towards Ivy's face. She started to scream in pain as some branches and roots started to grow on her face. Catwoman took Ivy to the police and the officers told her that Ivy will survive.
After all that happened, Catwoman stared back at her city and rejoiced to know that it was safe.
- This Batman: Cataclysm crossover takes place between Detective Comics #721 and Arkham Asylum: Tales of Madness #1.
- This issue is not included in the Batman: Cataclysm collected edition.
- There is a continuity mistake in this issue. Harvey Bullock is shown to be at the GCPD HQ at this point, whereas in the previous issue, he is far from the Police HQ, in a hostage situation with Mackenzie Bock; Renee Montotya; Robin and Quakemaster.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Batman: Cataclysm Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Cataclysm crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1998. Gotham City was almost completely destroyed by a massive earthquake. This story led into the events that would eventually create No Man's Land.