Appearing in "Secret of the Sorcerer's Mirror"Edit
Synopsis for "Secret of the Sorcerer's Mirror"EditWhen a museum is robbed of a mystic mirror, the crooks use its magic powers to learn the location of the ancient's most potent secret. Recapturing the mirror, the Challengers use it to find the location of each of the hidden parts of a mysterious mystical device. Each time the Challengers are confronted by men from the Mycroft mob and mystical defenses put in place to defend the items. When Mycroft and his men gather all the parts they attempt to use its power against the Challengers, however they fail to realize one of the parts was stolen by Red, and the Challengers defeat the crooks with ease.
Appearing in "Menace of the Invincible Challenger"Edit
Synopsis for "Menace of the Invincible Challenger"Edit
When Rocky agrees to pilot a new experimental manned space rocket, he is exposed to cosmic rays in space. Upon landing Rocky has been endowed with a number of super powers such as flame projection, gas secretion, turning invisible etc. The irrational Rocky then fights off the Challengers and soon is manipulated by the local mob. However the Challengers come to Rocky's rescue and administer a cure, but not before he is shot. The crooks are soon rounded up and turned over to the police.
- Shot into space and got super-powers from cosmic rays? Hey that sounds kinda like somebody from the competition down the street.... (Same artist, 1961)
- This issue is reprinted in Challengers of the Unknown Archives, Volume 2.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Challengers of the Unknown Vol 1 3 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Challengers of the Unknown series
Links and ReferencesEdit