Appearing in "The Monster"Edit
- a tinker and his wife
- Marie (mannequin)
Synopsis for "The Monster"EditAn ugly man who lives alone is regarded with suspicion by the villagers and after a visit into town to pick up a music box, a mob gathers and follows him back to his home. They see a beautiful girl sitting still through a window and figure the monster must have her under some sinister spell. They break in and gun him down, only then noticing the girl is merely a mannequin. The man was merely a tragic hermit who had created his own world while the villagers in truth were the monsters. (In Jack's original end of this story, the witches were revealed to be Stan and Jack.)
Appearing in "The Man Who Owned the World"Edit
- Tom Sutton (Host)
- Cynthia Irkadin
- Gregory Irkadin
- a scientist
Synopsis for "The Man Who Owned the World"EditThe world's richest man buys a cryochamber which sends him into the future, but when he emerges, he finds pollution has destroyed Earth's biosphere and mankind has left to the stars.
Appearing in "The Sword and the Sorcerers!"Edit
- Len Carson (killed by Starr) (Death)
- Whitney (Carson's publisher, on the telephone)
- O'Neal (police officer)
- Morro (Starr's minstrel)
- Trull the Wizard (Death)
- Zardath (city)
Synopsis for "The Sword and the Sorcerers!"Edit
A writer who is selling barbarian stories of Starr the Slayer that come to him in dreams plans to kill off Starr in the next story because the dreams are putting too much of a strain upon his health. On his way to the office, Starr assaults him out of an alley with accusations of assassin upon his lips. The writer is unbelieving, even to the point that Starr raises his sword and strikes him down. Starr wakes in his own world and relates a dream to his faithful minstrel wherein he struck down a grave threat to his life.
- Story 1 The Monster is reprinted in Giant-Size Chillers #3.
- Story 2 The Man Who Owned the World
- plot by Sutton, script by O'Neil
- reprinted in Weird Wonder Tales #15
- Story 3 The Sword and the Sorcerers
- The tagline for this issue is, "And the Monster Man Came Walking -- Walking --".
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Chamber of Darkness Vol 1 4 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Chamber of Darkness series
- Adventure into Fear #10-22
- Chamber of Darkness #1-8
- Creatures on the Loose #10-37
- Fear #1-9
- Monsters on the Prowl #9-30
- Tower of Shadows #1-9
- Where Monsters Dwell #1-38