- Barkeep! A man's been killed since I ordered that Sultanapur Sling. Does there have to be another slaying, before I get it?
- -- Conan
Appearing in "The Lords of the Lotus"Edit
- Petruso (a Lotus dealer) (Only appearance; dies)
- Saddani (a Lotus dealer) (First appearance)
- Grey Lotus
Synopsis for "The Lords of the Lotus"Edit
Conan parts company with the others and travels to a bar in Shadizar looking for work. In the bar, he meets a young wench named Jasmine who is insensate from too much Grey Lotus. He discovers that another bar patron named Yatha is responsible for all of the Grey Lotus distribution in Zamora. Conan gets into a bar fight, then reunites with an old ally named Maldiz. Leaving the bar, Jasmine and her husband (also addicted to Lotus) ambush him. Conan sidesteps the crazed man's lunge, and his sword kills Jasmine. Conan cuts off the man's arm, then threatens to finish him off unless he tells him more about the Lotus trade. Later, he leads a one-man raid on one of Yatha's warehouses. Yatha himself is present and instructs his men to kill Conan. Conan beats Yatha with his cestus and sets the warehouse to the torch.
- The tagline to this issue is, "Conan the Punisher". On the cover, Conan's belt is emblazoned with a skull-shaped buckle, similar to the attire worn by Frank Castle, the modern-day Punisher. This may have been intended as a humorous jab towards the fact that the Punisher made frequent guest appearances during Tom DeFalco's run as Editor-in-Chief.
- Grey Lotus is created by combining powder from purple lotus petals and black lotus petals. The potency of the drug is five times that of standard black lotus.
- Discuss Conan the Barbarian Vol 1 273 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Conan the Barbarian series
Links and ReferencesEdit
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks