Appearing in "Last Laugh"Edit
Synopsis for "Last Laugh"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- This issue shipped on May 16th, 2007.
- This issue reveals that Jimmy Olsen is aware of the secret identities of both the Red Hood and Nightwing. Given Jimmy's inquisitive nature, it is fair to assume that he is aware, or at the very least suspects, that Bruce Wayne is Batman.
- This issue contains an ad for an upcoming Countdown issue. The ad is a close up of Red Robin wearing a button that reads, "I Found Ray Palmer".
- In his cell, the Joker remarks, "Nurse Ratchett won't let me watch the World Series". This is a reference to the 1975 film, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, which took place at a mental health facility. One of the supporting cast members, Nurse Ratchett, refused to allow inmate R.P. McMurphy (played by Jack Nicholson) to watch the World Series.
- In the Keystone City scene, Heat Wave remarks, "You both flip-flop more than a Massachusetts senator". His remark is in reference to United States senator John Kerry who ran against President George W. Bush in the 2004 Presidential election. Kerry's opponents often accused him of "flip-flopping" with regards to his voting record in the Senate.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Countdown article at Wikipedia
- Countdown series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Countdown series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Countdown article at Newsarama
- Silver Bullet Comics Countdown Counselling