|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010)|
- 1 The Batman Adventures
- 2 Superman Adventures
- 3 Gotham Girls
- 4 Adventures in the DC Universe
- 5 Justice League Adventures / Justice League Unlimited
- 6 Batman Beyond and the Beyond universe
- 7 Additional characters
- 8 Collected editions
- 9 References
- 10 External links
The Batman Adventures
- Main article: The Batman Adventures
The Batman Adventures was created as a comic book tie-in to Batman: The Animated Series and The New Batman Adventures. Various titles related to the animated series ran from 1992 to 2004, along with various mini-series and one-shots.
- Main article: Superman Adventures
Similar to The Batman Adventures, Superman Adventures was created as a comic book tie-in to Superman: The Animated Series. It ran between 1996 to 2002.
- Main article: Gotham Girls#Comic_series
Adventures in the DC Universe
Adventures in the DC Universe is the title of a comic book published by DC Comics. Following on from Batman Adventures and Superman Adventures, Adventures in the DC Universe used the same "animated style" as seen in the DC Animated Universe, but focused on a rotating cast of characters from throughout the DC Universe.
Most of the characters appearing in this series had yet to be seen in any DC Animated Universe series and, as such, their designs and histories were quite different than they ended up being in their appearances in the television series, such as Justice League. For example, Kyle Rayner often appears in this series, but he appears to be far less like his animated series counterpart (who had not yet appeared on Superman: The Animated Series), and is more reflective, both visually and historically, of the character appearing in the regular DC Universe comics.
Justice League Adventures / Justice League Unlimited
Justice League Adventures is a DC comic book series featuring the Justice League, but set in the continuity (and style) of the television shows Justice League and Justice League Unlimited; as opposed to the regular DC Universe.
Justice League Adventures ran for 34 issues from 2002–2004 before being restarted under the title Justice League Unlimited (to match the recreation and renaming of the television series). The new title ran for 46 issues from 2004–2008 before being canceled in May 2008, ending the last production of the DC Animated Universe.
Batman Beyond and the Beyond universe
- Main article: Batman Beyond (comics)
Batman Beyond also received a number of on-going and mini-series related to the series. Due to the popularity of the Batman Beyond concept, numerous tie-ins and cameos were created as a bridge between the DC animated universe and the DC Universe. Since 2012, DC Comics publishes three weekly digital series related to Batman Beyond, as prints them monthly as Batman Beyond Unlimited.
While the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited comics did use many characters from the DC Universe, some characters never made it to the screen. Those that did not appear in the television series are listed below:
|Title||Material collected||Publication date||ISBN|
|The Batman Adventures: Dangerous Dames and Demons||Includes a reprint of the backup story from Adventures in the DC Universe #3||June 2003||978-1563899737|
|Shazam! The Greatest Stories Ever Told||Includes a reprint of the first story from Adventures in the DC Universe #5||February 2008||978-1401216740|
|Justice League Adventures (TPB)||Justice League Adventures #1, #3, #6, #10-13||2003||978-1840236163|
|Justice League Adventures (Digest)|
|Volume 1: The Magnificent Seven||Justice League Adventures #3, #6, #10-12||February 2004||978-1401201791|
|Volume 2: Friends and Foes||Justice League Adventures #13-14, #16, #19-20||February 2004||978-1401201807|
|Justice League Unlimited (Digest)|
|Volume 1: United They Stand||Justice League Unlimited #1-5||June 2005||978-1401205126|
|Volume 2: World's Greatest Heroes||Justice League Unlimited #6-10||April 2006||978-1401210144|
|Volume 3: Champions of Justice||Justice League Unlimited #11-15||April 2006||978-1401210151|
|Justice League Unlimited (TPB, continues from the digest series)|
|Volume 4: Ties That Bind||Justice League Unlimited #16-22||April 2008||978-1401216917|
|Volume 5: Heroes||Justice League Unlimited #23-29||April 2009||978-1401222024|
- "Hunter's Moon (#73)". Toon Zone. http://jl.toonzone.net/episode45/episode45.htm.
- "Justice Guild of America". Toon Zone. http://jl.toonzone.net/justiceguild/justiceguild.htm.
- [dead link]
- "Seasons Three & Four". Toon Zone. http://jl.toonzone.net/004/004.htm.
- "The Greatest Story Never Told (#60)". Toon Zone. http://jl.toonzone.net/episode33/episode33.htm.
- "Adventures in the DC Universe: Thoughts - Individual Issues". The World's Finest. http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/sections/comics/advdcau/thoughts/issues.php.
- Wizard (173): 69. March 2006.
- "The Enemy Below (#6-7)". Toon Zone. http://jl.toonzone.net/episode3/episode3.htm.
- "To Another Shore (#82)". Toon Zone. http://jl.toonzone.net/episode54/episode54.htm.
- "Captain Marvel". Toon Zone. http://jl.toonzone.net/shazam/shazam.htm.
- Justice League: The New Frontier Official movie site
- Justice League Adventures comic book guide at The World's Finest
- Justice League Unlimited comic book guide at The World's Finest
- Justice League Unlimited comic book guide at The Metrotower
- Jason Hall interview on Justice League Unlimited #33
- Adventures in the DC Universe at The World's Finest