Dan Garrett was an archaeologist who discovered a mysterious azure scarab while working on a dig in Egypt. The scarab bequeathed to him fantastic abilities and he assumed the costumed guise of the crime fighter known as the Blue Beetle. Garrett was eventually killed in action and succeeded by Ted Kord, the second Blue Beetle .
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Superhuman Strength
- Flight: At speeds exceeding the escape velocity of Earth
- Heightened Senses
- Energy Projection: The ability to project lightning bolts from his hands and eyes.
- This version of Daniel Garrett (Earth-Four), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Not to be confused with the Golden Age Blue Beetle, Dan Garret.
- The original Dan Garrett Blue Beetle, as published by Charlton Comics, was considerably more powerful than the modern/New Earth version of Dan Garrett.
The third issue of AC Comics' 'Americomics' title published a story tying together the histories of the Golden Age Dan Garret and the Silver Age Dan Garrett, explaining that the latter was a reincarnation of the former. Garrett is resurrected in this story to aid his successor, Ted Kord, and finds that the Gods have left him a note reading simply 'try not to get killed this time'. Sadly, this story must now be considered apocryphal.
- 1 Appearances of Daniel Garrett (Earth-Four)
- Images featuring Daniel Garrett (Earth-Four)
- Quotations by or about Daniel Garrett (Earth-Four)
- Character Gallery: Daniel Garrett (Earth-Four)