Appearing in "Guardian Devil part eight: The Devil's Deliverance"Edit
- Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)
- Human Torch (Johnny Storm) (Cameo)
- Invisible Woman (Susan Richards) (Cameo)
- Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards) (Cameo)
- Thing (Ben Grimm) (Cameo)
- Foggy Nelson
- Karen Page (Only in flashback)
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
- Mary Jane Watson
- Elizabeth Allan (Liz Osborn)
- Stan Lee (Cameo)
- Black Panther
- Captain America
- Baby Karen (Last appearance)
- Sister Maggie
- Quentin Beck (Mysterio) (Only in flashback)
- Rosalind Sharpe
- Wilson Fisk (Kingpin) (Mentioned)
- Becky Blake (Cameo)
- Gwen Stacy (Only in flashback)
- Bullseye (Only in flashback)
- Kevin Smith (Cameo)
- Stephen Strange (Cameo)
- Elektra (Only in flashback)
- Melvin Potter
- New York City
- St. Stephen's Chapel (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Guardian Devil part eight: The Devil's Deliverance"Edit
The funeral of Karen Page. Additionally Daredevil has a private meeting with Spider-Man. After he has Daredevil tell him what happened with his late arch-enemy, Spider-Man, who also had a similar problem in the past of losing a loved one due to the life of a superhero helped Daredevil see that he was at least able to the save the child's life despite everything that happened before leaving. Murdock visits Black Widow the next day who is still bitter with him for attacking her last time they met, but after Murdock explains the truth, she speculates that other than just Mysterio's drug, Matt's own inner turmoil due to the complicated life he had to lead was also part of his recent insanity.
Foggy is released from prison with his innocence confirmed, but is sad as this incident has cause him to break up with Liz Osborn. Even though his mother had made a recent offer for both him and Matt to rejoin her law firm, Foggy doesn't feel like doing so, since she did not try to help prove his innocence or visit him in prison. However, due to Matt being named as the sole beneficiary in the life insurance policy that Karen had with her radio job, he is to be given a large sum of money in Karen's will. Having wrote in her will that Matt should spend the money on himself, rather than donate it, Matt decides to use that money for him and Foggy to re-establish their own law firm at the location of where Matt's former apartment stood before the Kingpin blew it up.
Matt also visits with his mother in the hospital who reveals that the baby is going to be adopted by a childless couple from New Jersey and asks what the baby's name is. Matt decides to name the baby Karen, after the late Karen Page.
- Numerous members of the Marvel Universe attend Karen Page's funeral (including Writer Kevin Lee and Stan Lee). Other characters might include Luke Cage, Ben Urich, Iron Fist, Blake Tower, the Fantastic Four, Peter Parker, Mary Jane, Black Widow and others.
- This issue features a letters page, Devil's Advocate. Letters are published from Austin Haugh, Jason A. Theobald, Sam Rothenberg, David Bliss, and Bernie.
- Last issue for Daredevil writer Kevin Smith.
- The Television news announcer has an uncanny resemblance to DC Comics character Clark Kent.
- Matt Murdock's boarded up property at his former Brownstone has graffitti titled "Jay & Bob", "Watchmen", and "Harley Quinn". Jay and Silent Bob were subjects of several of writer Kevin Smith's movies. The Watchmen and Harley Quinn are Detective Comic creations.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Daredevil Vol 2 8 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Daredevil series
Links and ReferencesEdit