Appearing in "The Strange Death of Batman!"Edit
- Bouncer (First appearance)
- Gardner Fox
- Batman (Earth-Two)
- Alfred Beagle (Earth-Two)
- Justice League of America
Synopsis for "The Strange Death of Batman!"Edit
Gotham City is terrorized by the crimes of the Bouncer, a crook who Batman and Robin are unable to stop due to the nature of his bouncing powers. However the dynamic duo devise a device which freezes the Bouncer in place long enough for Batman to knock him out.However, Batman writer Gardner Fox takes a moment to take a look at an alternate ending to the story in which Batman is instead killed by the Bouncer. In this imaginary version, after mourning the loss of Batman and turning down aid from the Justice League of America to help capture the Bouncer, Robin manages to single-handedly defeat the foe. Afterwards, Robin is met in the Batcave by the Batman and Alfred from Earth-Two who had decided to come and join Robin after hearing of Earth-One Batman's death.
Appearing in "The Man Who Hated Money!"Edit
- unnamed bandits (Single appearance)
- Flip Philips (a disc jockey) (Single appearance)
- Rhoda Marr (actor) (Single appearance)
- August Clemens (actor) (Single appearance)
- Antoine Lemaire (a cafe owner) (Single appearance)
- Hannibal Holiday (an artist) (Single appearance)
- Silver City
- Four Corners Town
- the Dibny's car
Synopsis for "The Man Who Hated Money!"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- "The Strange Death of Batman!" is reprinted in The Strange Deaths of Batman and Showcase Presents: Batman #2.
- "The Man Who Hated Money!" is reprinted in Showcase Presents: Elongated Man #1.
- A "Casey the Cop" humor strip is also found in this issue.
- Batman's death and the subsequent funeral is an imaginary "What-If?" scenario thought up by Gardner Fox and should not be taken as part of the Earth-One canon.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 347 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks