- My only refuge—my one chance at normalcy—destroyed!
- -- Man-Bat
Appearing in "Man or Bat?"Edit
- Francine Lee (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Man or Bat?"Edit
Kirk Langstrom appears again as the Man-Bat, this time he is forced to become the Batman's enemy. After stealing a vial from a chemical company's safe, much to Batman's chagrin, Kirk returns to his lab above the Gotham Museum of Natural History. He believes he has finally found a mixture that can cure his transformation, until Batman bursts through the door in pursuit, causing him enough surprise to drop the compound onto the floor. With a screech of rage, Kirk fights off the Batman and leaps out the window. During his escape, he starts to evolve a leathery pair of wings that allow him to fly.Now completely distraught over his loss of humanity, Kirk decides to simply embrace his new lifestyle as a giant bat. Coming across a small crack in the mountains, he tries squeezing through, hearing the calls of other bats inside. It is with great strain and greater will that he manages to push himself through. When Kirk takes a look around at his new home, he discovers that he had found the Batman's hidden lair, the fabled batcave! Soon after, Batman arrives, and the two have what Langstrom hopes to be their final battle. But Batman is much more familiar with the territory than Kirk is, who mistakenly hits his head hard against the top of the cave. The story ends with a determined Batman creating an antidote in his lab with an unconscious Man-Bat at his back
Appearing in "My Place in the Sun!"Edit
- Frank Auley (First appearance)
- Ed Cogdill (First appearance)
Synopsis for "My Place in the Sun!"Edit
After a Teen Titans case, Roy Harper (Speedy) spends some time with Dick Grayson on the Hudson campus and both get involved in a brawl incited at the school cafeteria.
- Issue includes flashbacks to events from Detective Comics #400.
- "My Place In The Sun!" is reprinted in Showcase Presents: Robin, The Boy Wonder #1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 402 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Volume )
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Detective Comics article at Wikipedia
- Detective Comics series index at DCU Guide
- Detective Comics series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Detective Comics series index at the Grand Comics Database Project