- Dave governor; voice only
- U.S. Military
- Synopsis not yet written.
- This is the eighth part of the Batman: Contagion storyline; as stated on the cover.
- The events of this issue takes place between Shadow of the Bat #49 and Batman Chronicles #4.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Contagion collected edition.
- Armand Krol refers to the Governor as "Dave." Gotham City has been established as existing in New Jersey. At the time, New Jersey's real life governor was Christine Todd Whitman.
- Alfred states that he storaged medical equipment from the last time they faced death in the batcave. This refers to the Knightfall events.
- A newspaper headline reads: Joker: Back in Arkham. Joker last appeared in Action Comics #719.
- James Gordon hints to know Batman's secret identity when he tells the vigilante that his childhood didn't leave him time to do normal kids activities.
- Batman makes a reference to Dante Alighieri's epic poem Divine Comedy. Specifically to the first part, Inferno. After Gordon compares Babylon Towers with "the pit"; Batman asks which one of them is Dante and Virgil as they were the main characters that traveled through hell.
- Gordon destroys a Biedermeier chair to open an exit of Babylon.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 696 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Volume )
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at IGN Comics
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at Dark Knight
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes
The events from this issue are related to the Contagion crossover that went through the Batman Family Titles in 1996, in which Gotham City had an epidemic of a mutant strand of the Ebola virus. The events of Contagion lead into Batman: Legacy, Batman: Cataclysm, and ultimately No Man's Land.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.