Appearing in "Detective Comics"Edit
DC’s flagship title is relaunched for the first time ever, with new Batman adventures from acclaimed writer/artist Tony S. Daniel!
A killer called The Gotham Ripper is on the loose on Batman’s home turf – leading The Dark Knight on a deadly game of cat and mouse.
- Reprinted in The Joker: A Celebration of 75 Years.
- The mysterious Pandora appears in a crowd scene to witness the events unfold, as she appears in every #1 issue of The New 52.
- This issue contains several references to Frank Miller's Dark Knight, specifically his characterization in The Dark Knight Returns where he is shot at on sight by the police department. The opening splash page is an homage to another panel by Jim Lee. During his fight with the SWAT team, he kicks a man very similarly to a classic Miller panel. On the subway train, his fight with the Joker heavily resembles a different one.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 2 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential
- Batman: Gotham Knights
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Batman: Streets of Gotham
- Batman Incorporated
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Volume )
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Batman at Wikipedia.org
- Batman at DC Comics
- Batman at DCU Guide
- Batman at IGN Comics
- Batman at Newsarama
- Batman at Dark Knight
- Batman at DC Indexes
- Batman at Comic Book Resources
- Batman Yesterday Today and Beyond
- Batman at TV Tropes