| This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Faces of Evil.|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Hey Kids Comics Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.
|"Faces of Evil" thematic stories|
Image promoting the Faces of Evil event
|Formats||Multiple, thematically linked individual issues from multiple ongoing series and one-shot titles.|
|Publication date||March 2009|
|Main character(s)||DC Universe|
"Faces of Evil" is a DC Comics "event" in January 2009, that editor Dan DiDio described as "inspirationally tied to Final Crisis" as they aim to address the question the series raises: "What happens when evil wins?" Numerous monthly books will have villains displayed on their covers while four additional one-shots are to be published.
The list of releases are;
The issues of Superman and Action Comics are epilogues to the Superman: New Krypton cross over series. Nightwing is a continuation of the "Batman R.I.P." aftermath storyline, "Last Rites." Lastly Detective Comics and Batman comprise a self-contained storyline dependent on each other.
The Faces of Evil event continues in the storyline "Deathtrap," that focuses on Jericho, which starts in "Teen Titans Annual 2009", and then carries on in a crossover between Teen Titans #70-71, Titans #12-13 and Vigilante #5. Also starting in March 2009 a 7 part Solomon Grundy series picks up where Faces of Evil: Solomon Grundy left off.
In February the majority of these titles will have an Origins & Omens back up story included. The February solicitations indicate that Detective Comics and Batman are excluded, as are the four Faces of Evil specials but The Outsiders (formerly Batman and the Outsiders) and Adventure Comics #0 will replace them to make 19 titles. Each back up story will deal with events expected in 2009 especially Battle for the Cowl and Green Lantern: The Blackest Night to name a few.
These events make both the months of January and February lead in months to the aftermath of Final Crisis which begins in March.
DC has altered the Green Lantern number involved in this event due to the title having been delayed in recent months. Consequentially the cover intended for issue #38 is now issue #37, whereas #38 will now have the Secret Origins & Omens back up story included which was originally scheduled for issue #39.
- ↑ January Sees 'Faces of Evil' at DC - Dan DiDio Spills, Newsarama, September 18, 2008
- ↑ Putting a Face on Evil: Dan DiDio on 'Faces of Evil', Newsarama, January 14, 2009
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 FACES OF EVIL FLASHBACK: Prometheus & Enemy Ace, Comic Book Resources, January 15, 2009
- ↑ David Hine on Deathstroke's Return, Comic Book Resources, November 12, 2008
- ↑ Scott Kolins on Faces of Evil: Grundy, Newsarama, November 3, 2008
- ↑ Exclusive Preview: Faces of Evil: Grundy, Newsarama, November 13, 2008
- ↑ Ivan Brandon Sharpens Fangs on "Kobra", Comic Book Resources, November 17, 2008
- ↑ Sterling Gates: Returning Prometheus to Glory, Newsarama, December 3, 2008
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 FACES OF EVIL FLASHBACK: Jericho & Merlyn, Comic Book Resources, January 21, 2009
- ↑ McKeever & Wolfman Tackle Titan-ic Crossover, Comic Book Resources, January 23, 2008
- Faces of Evil at the DC Database Project