Finn was a 2000 AD strip starring a pagan warlock called Paul (using the nom de guerre of Finn) fighting evil aliens called Newts and a dark god called Nosiron (whom he affectionately nicknamed 'Frogspawn'). Paul was originally a supporting character in the Crisis strip Third World War, but he moved to 2000 AD and got his own strip when Crisis was cancelled. To make ends meet he worked as a taxi driver.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Whatever that thing was on his head.
The series of Finn were as follows:
- Finn book 1, written by Pat Mills and Tony Skinner, with art by Jim Elston and Kevin Wicks
- Finn book 2, by the same team
- Origins of Finn, written by Pat Mills, with art by Liam Sharp
- Interventions, written by Pat Mills, with art by Paul Staples
- Season of the Witch, by the same team.
The website 2000ad.org has this to say about the series: "The thrills come alongside more pagan preaching about how civilisation is bad because it forced people to learn language and how women are perfect creatures of chaos because of their nature to stab you in the back and sell you out, but you just have to accept that's women's nature and work for them anyway. You really have to have an open mind for this gobbledygook to get into this at all; a more satisfying series would feature Finn telling Mandy (or Slaine telling Danu for that matter) to go take a flying leap."