Appearing in "Danger Doubled is Death!"Edit
- Danton Black (First appearance as Multiplex)
Synopsis for "Danger Doubled is Death!"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- First appearance of Edward Raymond.
- First appearance of Danton Black as Multiplex. Danton made his first official appearance in issue #1.
- Contains a flashback of Firestorm's origin from issue #1.
- There are several references and events chronicled in this issue, which are no longer validated in the Post-Crisis continuity and must be considered apocryphal:
- The cover to this issue is illustrated in the style of the classic "page-turner" shock covers that were popular during the 1970s. These types of covers usually depicted a character or characters displaying behavior that runs counter to the accepted norm. The various Batman and Superman titles of this era were notorious for this style of gimmick marketing.
- This issue features Volume 78, issue 2 of the Daily Planet Extra (January 9th 1978).
- This comic book contains advertisements for the following products:
- —Tyco Curvehugger HP2 remote control toy cars
- —Crossman BB & pellet guns
- —Slim Jim beef snacks(featuring the Wolf man)
- —Grit Magazine subscription service
- —Hostess Cup Cakes – Superman in "The Big Fall"
- —DC Comics – Batman Family and World’s Finest comic books
- —DL Clark – Clark Bar candy selection
- —DC Comics – Direct Currents newsletter
- —DC Comics - Superman vs. Muhammad Ali, Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes, Superman vs. Wonder Woman, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Batman vs. Ra's Al Ghul double-sized tabloid special edition comic book magazines
- —Unicorn House – Super Sea Monkeys
- —DC Comics – Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes and Super Friends paperback editions.
- —Mike Marvel – Strong Arms weight lifting advertisement
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Firestorm #2 entry at the Grand Comics Database
- Firestorm #2 entry at CBDB
- Firestorm biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Multiplex biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.