Appearing in "Colonel Computron Strikes Back -- With a Vengeance"Edit
- Basil Nurblin
- Willard "W.W." Wiggins
- Francine Nurblin
- Luna Nurblin (First appearance)
- Willard Wiggins, Jr. (First appearance)
- * Central City
- * Captain Computron Toy Company
- * Central City Hotel
- * Willard Estate
Synopsis for "Colonel Computron Strikes Back -- With a Vengeance"Edit
Barry Allen attends the birthday celebration of ten-year-old Willard Wiggins, Jr., son of ""W.W." Wiggins, president of the Wiggins Toy Company. The house servants wheel out a gigantic Devil's Food Cake for the young boy's celebration. Inside the cake however, resides the computerized villain, Colonel Computron. Computron bursts free of the cake and grabs onto W.W. Wiggins.
Barry races off to change into the Flash. He returns and snatches W.W. from Computron's clutches. Colonel Computron releases two-guided missiles that home in on the Flash. The Flash circles around, quickly changing directions until the missiles eventually collide with one another. During the confusion, Colonel Computron escapes.
Later, W.W. Wiggins addresses a symposium announcing his latest series of Computron toys – General Computron. Suddenly, the Computron mini-gliders begin flying on their own and attack Wiggins. W.W. finds support from an unlikely ally however – Captain Boomerang. Boomerang wants to repay Wiggins for helping him to establish his own criminal enterprises, and now acts as the millionaire’s bodyguard.
The Flash arrives and drives off Computron's mini-robot fighters. He tries to grab Captain Boomerang, but the Rogue escapes upon an expanding glider-boomerang.Later, Captain Boomerang encounters Colonel Computron. Computron convinces him to betray Wiggins and instead join up with him in a scheme to destroy the Flash.
Appearing in "American Gothic"Edit
- Judy (First appearance)
- Vern Copeland
Synopsis for "American Gothic"Edit
At the Tower of Fate, Kent Nelson observes the Orb of Nabu and sees visions of global catastrophe. Inza wants him to remain at home, but he knows that he must answer these emergencies as Doctor Fate. Fate flies tracks the mystic signatures to a cornfield in Iowa. There, he finds a strange red jewel embedded inside of an ear of corn. A farmer approaches and levels a shotgun at Fate, demanding that he leaves the property. Fate attempts to immobilize the farmer so that he can return to his analysis, but there is more to this man than meets the eye. The being sheds his appearance as a common farmer, and opens up a mystic portal, which draws Doctor Fate inside.
Meanwhile, Vern Copeland, the director at the Boston Museum of Natural History attempts to contact Kent Nelson concerning a twenty-year old excavation known as the Nimrud dig. Unable to find Kent, he instead arranges to have dinner with Inza Nelson.
- The Dr. Fate story in this issue is reprinted in Immortal Doctor Fate #3.
- The Doctor Fate story in this issue takes place on a Tuesday in the month of May.
- Flash image gallery
- Flash appearances list
- Captain Boomerang appearances list
- Doctor Fate image gallery
- Doctor Fate appearances list
- Inza Nelson appearances list
- Lords of Chaos
- Lords of Order
- Rogues Gallery
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Flash Vol 1 310 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Flash series
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Flash (Volume 1) series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Flash article at Wikipedia
- Flash biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Doctor Fate article at Wikipedia
- Colonel Computron biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe