Girls & Sports was an American comic strip written and illustrated by Justin Borus and Andrew Feinstein. It was created in 1997 and published in various college newspapers until 2004 when Borus and Feinstein began self-syndicating the strip. It was picked up for distributed by Creators Syndicate at the beginning of 2006, and was discontinued in 2011.
Justin Borus and Andrew Feinstein created Girls & Sports in 1997 while studying abroad in Denmark. The strips were based on their own dating escapades. When they returned to America, they began publishing their comic Girls & Sports in their college newspapers. After college, Borus and Feinstein began marketing the comic to mainstream newspapers, becoming the most widely syndicated independent comic strip in the country. From January 2010 to March 2011 the strip appeared on ESPN's Page 2. In May 2011, the strip was abruptly discontinued with brief mention by one of websites that featured the comic. The last daily strip appeared April 30 2011 and the last Sunday strip appeared May 8.
Girls & Sports deals with the dating lives of two men, Bradley and Marshall. Bradley is dating Joann but is not against going to the bar and hitting on other women, though he remains loyal to Joann (as far as she knows). Marshall is the perpetual single guy who listens to Bradley's advice even when it's against his better judgment. Joann thinks Marshall is a bad influence on Bradley.
Opening Lines, Pinky Probes and L-Bombs: The Girls & Sports Dating and Relationship Playbook (ISBN 1-59580-015-8) - published [October 28, 2006], is not a normal comic anthology but rather a look at the events and circumstances that confront singles in their everyday lives, including dating, "the bar scene," sports, working out, parties, and vacations in the style of the Girls & Sports strips. It offers advice via charts, graphs, and text boxes containing bylaws, truisms, and strategies.
- Girls & Sports at Creators Syndicate
- National Cartoonists Society: Justin Borus
- National Cartoonists Society: Andrew Feinstein
- ESPN Cold Pizza Feature - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twLTDcnWpj0
- G4 Attack of the Show Feature - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzcO-ma0PIc&feature=channel_page
- Denver Business Journal - http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/stories/2007/07/30/story3.html
- Athens News - http://www.athensnews.com/girlsandsports.php
- Daily Cartoonist - http://dailycartoonist.com/index.php/2006/04/19/girls-and-sports-will-appear-on-espn2
- Editor & Publisher - http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/search/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001701211
- Ft. Wayne News-Sentinel - http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/newssentinel/living/11884495.htm
- Lawrence Journal-World - http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2005/jun/26/comic_change/
- Journal Gazette - http://www.jg-tc.com/articles/2007/01/11/features/features001.txt
- Emory University Goizeuta Magazine - http://www.goizuetamag.emory.edu/spring2001/pages/network3.html