The tall, thin Mr. Harke and his short, stocky associate Mr. Burr are the eponymous protagonists of Harke & Burr, a strip in the Judge Dredd Megazine. They are also the proprietors of Harke & Burr's, an antiques and curios emporium (or, looking at it another way, a junk shop) in the ancient Cursed Earth township of Dunedin. Their never-ending quest to make a few creds has in the past led them into unfortunate encounters with ancient Egyptian mummy stockbrokers, undead hamsters created by a vampire vet, and killer war droids accidentally reactivated by Mr. Harke while attempting to win a competition to find Dunedin's finest artist, amongst others.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Money and stupidity.
Hercules the horse and his cart.
- See also Harke & Burr Vol 1 1, which reprints their first three stories.
- Their Secret Origin was told in Judge Dredd Megazine #2.83 in 1995 (drawn by Paul Peart).
- Their last original appearance to date was in the story Satanic Farces in Megazine issues #3.04-3.07 in 1995 (co-written by Gordon Rennie).
The duo's names are a spoonerism based on the notorious body-snatchers Burke and Hare.
- Appearances of Harke & Burr
- Images featuring Harke & Burr
- Quotations by or about Harke & Burr
- Character Gallery: Harke & Burr