The Light Tank M3 Stuart is the vehicle of Jeb Stuart's tank crew during World War II. The ghost of Stuart's ancestor Confederate general J.E.B. Stuart possessed the tank and aptly became nicknamed as the "Haunted Tank". Throughout the war the tank fought through the North African Campaign to the European Theater of Operations, but not without being damaged and its crew saw through several M3 tanks. When their latest M3 was destroyed, the crew scavenge spare parts and wreckage from a "tank graveyard" to build themselves a new tank, known as the "Jigsaw Tank", which serves them from that point.
The Jigsaw Tank was soon eventually replaced by an M4 Sherman tank that served its crew through to the end of the war. Despite an incident in which the ghost of General William T. Sherman being assigned to the tank once the crew switched to the Sherman, General Stuart's ghost continues to watch over the crew till the war's end.
Travel Radius: 120 km
Maximum Velocity (at Sea Level): 58 kilometers per hour
Crew: (4 personnel)
- Main: 37mm M5 turret gun (103-174 rounds)
- Secondary: 5 3x.30 (7.62 mm) Browning M1919A4 MG (7,500-8,270 rounds)
- 51 mm armament
- The Stuart Tank was named in honor of the late Civil War general, J.E.B. Stuart. As such, Stuart's ghost was known to occupy the nearby vicinity earning the vehicle the name, The Haunted Tank.
- The dimensions and specifications listed within this article pertain to the M3 Stuart I light tank only.
- To curry the approval of his ghostly ancestor, Jeb Stuart mounted a Confederate flag on top of the turret of the Haunted Tank.
- The words "Haunted Tank" are spray painted on the side of the M3 in order to distinguish it from other tanks.
- Haunted M3 Stuart's Appearances
- Haunted M3 Stuart's Minor Appearances
- Media Haunted M3 Stuart Mentions
- Vehicle Gallery: Haunted M3 Stuart
- Images that include Haunted M3 Stuart
Links and References
- Haunted Tank article at Wikipedia
- Haunted Tank article at Don Markstein's Toonopedia
- Haunted Tank article at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe